UAD & Brainworx ENGL

Sep 26, 2011
So Aparently Brainworx and UAD are teaming up bringing a UAD exclusive plugin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JhnBLmNwIHo

Havent seen anything on the forum yet. I think it sounds pretty good think it'l be worth it? Brainworx Maag Eq and Vsc-2 are both nasty. The rockrack is pretty good but I think this is pushed even further.

d034edb519.jpg

Sorry dude. Totally missed the link since the graphic was so large. This plug in is long overdue.

Agreed. It sounds great. My friend in Montana is part of Brainworx beta testing team and can't say enough about it. I'm not a UAD user but I really want to try this out. :cry:

Agreed. It sounds great. My friend in Montana is part of Brainworx beta testing team and can't say enough about it. I'm not a UAD user but I really want to try this out. :cry:

I have an Apollo, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of this VST since I already have an Axe FX II. I have a hard time thinking the modeling will be up to par with the Axe, but you never know. It does sound good though. I'll have to try it out for sure.

I do have to agree that going with UAD DSP power for an amp sim is an idea in the right direction.

This was announced awhile ago, but I don't thinkt hey said if it was UAD or Native. So now it's confirmed that it's UAD-only? That kinda sucks.

Looks cool, but all the Engls developers try to model, I hate the sound of the real amp. Brainworx Rockrack is already quite expensive, I can only imagine how outrageous it'd be with the UAD name on it...

looks cool, very looking forward to demo it, not sure if i´m gonna need it as i have my kemper and also i´m not too keen on engl amps except the blackmore and savage 120.
i was pretty dissapointed as UAD relased the very outdated softube amp room simulations earlier this year, at least its a step into a good direction.

they should team up with fractal audio and release the axe fx software for uad-2!!

Briefly tried the demo on the high gain one...pretty meh to me honestly. Not in the same league as Axe-FX II or Kemper. Wasn't impressed with Rockrack either especially considering the 'Ben Grosse recording chains' advertised as part of the equation.

I demoed those plugins yesterday, the cleans wernt that bad, also distortion channels sounded quite OK, didnt like the Crunch.
But at least it sounded lots better and more natural than Guitarig 5 and Amplitube that i also have installed, but to be honest, it doesnt even come close to the league where Axe FX II and Kemper plays in, so i´m also pretty glad i dont "need" to buy those..

Also i think the "Recording Chain", which simulates the Cab and Microphone and Micpreamp section is far from beeing intuitional
The GUI does look nice indeed

Also i think most presets sounded muffled and too dark, at least they were for my personal taste.

But i see the route they have taken in, if they maintain those plugins, and evolving it, they may get some great sounding amp sims at one day.
The playabillity and feeling when you play those Engl-Sim is quite natural, also the response the Amp Sim gives is good, but the highs are too fizzy and sounding harsh and digital, the distortion character and overtone behaviour is not what i like on those, it sounds too unnatural.
when i compare to other plugins i do own and love from UA, and i assume all the knowledge they have, they could have done lots better.

The playabillity and feeling when you play those Engl-Sim is quite natural, also the response the Amp Sim gives is good, but the highs are too fizzy and sounding harsh and digital, the distortion character and overtone behaviour is not what i like on those, it sounds too unnatural.

Same here It feels responsive and natural but the overall tone is not worth the price. It's weird (I'm a happy Eleven owner though I can see how it's limited sometimes) It's either Amp Sims with most people or High end racks Like kemper or Axe. I don't really see a happy median and there is one. Instead on spending a hundred or so bucks on a shitty amp sim or eight hundred to a few thousand for a high end rack. There are sick pedals out there that really get the Job done. There are pedals that cost up to 200 dollars like the Dual Resistafier and the Triple Wreck (Mesa Clones). I own the Dual Resistafier and Just Bought the Triple Wreck. Intead of going out and Buying 150 for a decent software spend it on a hardware pedal that feels and sounds really really close to a Mesa (thee are other good pedal clones out there) and you don't have to buy cheap honda's equivalent of a Kemper or Axe.

Just My two cents. I'm selling my Mesa soon. Too many problems and the Deal Resistafier I own comes so close. Eventually I'm buying a Kemper. I'm just letting people knows there is a middle ground that's cost effective and sounds miles better than any amp sim your gonna use.