UDO?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I was just listening to the new UDO samples from his new album and just had a question. I've not seen anything posted on him as a possible candidate for PP. Are there UDO fans here? I think he is pretty darn good. Opinions please.

with the exception of probably this year, I have posted occasionally in the past about a possible ACCEPT reunion (Peter and Wolf live in the U.S. I believe), or else a visit from UDO and his solo band.

But to answer your question - yes, I am a huge ACCEPT/UDO fanboy! :headbang:

When I first ever heard the now classic 'Balls to the Wall' on local station 96Rock back in 1984, I about lost my everloving mind. That was the sound I had been waiting for all my life. It was like the raw energy of AC/DC mixed with the passion of Iron Maiden. And I was instantly a fan. I even went and bought a pair of those fingerless white leather gloves back in the day so I could be as cool as Udo himself. :cool: :lol:

so yeah, I'd love to see either version of UDO or ACCEPT at a future ProgPower USA event. damn skippy!

U.D.O is great! His solo stuff is awsome. The last cd was power metal supreme. I have enjoyed and own all his solo cds and he is headliner material. But once again i have to state the truth. Going off "Not my opinion" but the stone cold facts the progpower attendants have not been very nice to vintage metal acts. Rage and Virgin Steele have both felt this crunch. I would hope that his Accept roots would pull him through and i am still hopefull if he continues on his musical path to see him and his band at progpower.

I love UDO. A great and consistent metal band that gets criminally overlooked.

However, the new album is a bit of a disappointment for me. :(

UDO's Animal House album is still one of my all time favs (gonna listen to it now!). I like all his other stuff as well but that one in particular has some fantastic writing and guitar playing, very melodic as well.

UDO is like Hammerfall in that, when you get a new album from him you pretty much know what you're going to get. That said, I eat it up...

EDIT: speaking of UDO and referencing the JAXX thread as well - I have a show video taped somewhere around here. I took from that old projection room (with permission). I started to do the same for Saxon (they were headliners) but was told a few songs in that BIFF wanted the tape...which I did not give them.

I would dig either UDO or an Accept reunion for ProgPower. I love his solo stuff and I really enjoy the few Accept albums I've purchased. (I also really have enjoyed the few duets he's done with Doro - especially the Breakin' the Law cover on her Classic Diamonds CD. - Her and UDO are actually pretty good friends from what I understand. ... You knew a comment like that was coming from me. ;) )

Udo and the U.D.O. band at PPUSA would be very, very cool! Regardless of what you think of his albums over the years, he has enough material to put together a setlist that would deliver a mighty pummeling to the faithful gathered at Center Stage.

I shudder to think...

Rock on!

UDO or Accept would make my decade, BUT, I have a feeling the mighty elite fans of true progmetal would incessinately whine about how awful his set was, "worst set ever", and so forth. I think a full fledged Accept reunion would move some tix.:kickass:

We all love UDO but I don't think it would be in Glen's budget to get someone like him. Wish I was wrong though. I was lucky enough to see him live with Accept. That was an awesome show.

Saw .U.D.O. twice on the "Holy" tour with RAVEN back in 2000 I believe. .U.D.O. fucking rips!

Wow. U.D.O. and Raven.....two bands I would absolutely LOVE to see, especially Raven. Hell, both of these bands would be cool at ProgPower, though seeing Raven there might be like when we saw Virgin Steel play last year. I'd still leave the venue at the end of the night with a BIG smille on my face!:headbang:

Love me some UDO and Accept as well. Las time I saw UDO was with Accept on the "Death Row" tour. Had a chance to meet him and he said "he loved America and would love to come back next year". That was about 15 years or so ago......so yes, UDO for Progpower is a must!!