UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

Soulless said:
I still can't fucking believe it... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Keep up yer head mate! Portugal played a decent EC and would have deserved to win it either!

BUT HELLAS :hotjump: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: I can't believe it, they used their chence, fucken hell!:headbang: :D That's really amazing!!! Congratulation Hellas and Otto Rehakles! :wave:

please take a moment and read this.

ok. i wont start about the cup and that. i've been checking some websites it seems as everyone as of today has started making complaints about the way we won this. it is quite amazing how some people think this is 1954 or 1970 and we are hungary or brazil or something and we should be scoring 3-4 per game.

in 1994 we went to the world cup and everyone was very enthusiastic. the result was three loses, 4-0 to argentina, 4-0 to bulgaria (who did very well then) and 2-0 to nigeria. it was like the worst appearence of a team ever, totaly horrible and humiliating.

so ten years later comes this euro. everyone here is praying so that the us disgrace does not happen again, and maybe get a win if we play ok. well things did not go... as planned and we won it. we played well, we had luck, and we won it. just like every other team in the past has.

can you imagine the result if this team decided to play beautiful and offensive football? it would be US part 2 i can assure you of that. we dont have the talents of a zidane, an henry, a nedved in the team. but this is not ones mans sport either. its about teamwork. and this team had the best team work in the tournament, no doubt. and as i said, yes, we also had luck. in 2000 when the french played a horrible game against italy in the euro final they scored at 93, went to extra time and won the cup. the examples are thousands. you cant do anything without luck.

and how about other teams on the tournament? what did trapatoni did whne italy were one up with sweden? he took two offensive players out and played with 7 defenders for the rest of the game, and still couldnt keep the win. what did "mastermind" erikson did when england was one up with portugal? the whole team is sitting back defending for half and hour, scholes comes out for phil "oh-my-god" neville, england does no chance apart from the correctly disallowed goal, and lose the game. but if england or italy had won the cup, oh well then its different, they have a good team, they have beckham, they have vieri so automaticaly they play nice footy, not like crappy untalented greece. give me a fucking break.

and how about offensive footy? when the danes decided to play 4-3-3 against the czechs you all saw what happened. they did their worst game by then and hardly made a chance or two. this, and probably even worse, would have been the reuslt with greece if rehagel decided we should play like that in the tournament.

(dont take the examples mentioned personaly, i dont dislike any team, i'm just trying to make an argument.)

bottom line. i love seeing goals flying in, loads of 'em. greece could obvioulsy not do that. greater (in theory) teams (england, italy, germany) could not do that. some, as i mentioned earlier, could not even defend properly and keep a result. in 2004, footy is a team sport, its a tactical sport. you cant have a maradona to win it for you, it cant be like that anymore. greece played the way a team of that level should. with great temawork and correct tactics. thats why we won it.

that moment with the madman and figo yesterday was the best of the tournament. i loved it.

sorry for the length. it wont happen again.

Who was saying those things? Greece deserved it, the played in such spirit and teamwork. I they were really that shit, why did they win the cup? You don't win it if you aren't good enough. I really hoped Portugal would win, but i say well done Greece, i don't mind that they won it.