Uh Oh - Think i've got me a fake sm57 again...

I'm no expert, but I bought my SM57 from an actual, reputable store (Anderton's in Guildford, for anyone in the UK) so I can be sure that it's genuine.

Anyway, onto my point. I just went and had a look and my bag says made in China inside it too. Presumably Shure outsourced the bag manufacture somewhere cheap where it doesn't need to be so precise in terms of QC etc. I reckon if everything on the mic looks legit, it comes with all the stuff it's supposed to and the only off thing is that the bag says made in China then I would say you're ok...but like I said, I'm no expert...

hrmm... my dad bought a single 57 from guitar center, and he still has the bag...i'll check it next time i'm over there. i bought the shure drum mic pack from guitar center (3 57's, a beta52a, and delightful hard case.) best way to go in this wacky world of fake-ry for those of you with access to guitar center, even though purchasing from GC in general can be a rather irritating task.

Anything bought from a retailer is gonna be fine dudes. Im pretty drunk and watched a girl almost puke herself to death though(amberlamps involved), I wasnt expecting that so you never know!