UK Fan & Bloodstock UK

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
This was my first trip to the UK from the States and first off I want to say the UK Fans did themselves proud. THey were first class all the way. Everyone I met, talked to or just bumped into while trying to get a pint were extremely nice and very fun to be around. It definately made my first trip there very memorable and I look forward to hopefully coming back to Bloodstock next year.

As for the festival, It was top notch all the way. The Venue was awesome, Vince did a fantastic job of organizing and running the festival so that all the bands stuck to thier schedule and the sound was great.

And the bands, what can you say about them? Awesome, great, fantastic and add about any other adjective you can think of. My personal highlights were first and foremost Saxon. I waited a lot of years to see these guys and I was awed. In no particular order Nightwish, Power QUest, Dragonforce, Edguy and Masterplan really made my trip worthwhile. I caught parts of the other bands and was equally impressed though I wasn't as familiar with the material. What's more it was awesome to see the guys such as Blaze, Bob Catley, Tobias, Steve Williams and countless other mingling around the venue, visiting with fans, signing autograph etc.

Overall what a great experience! Anyone who thinks metal is dead in the UK is kidding themselves!

John

zinescene said:
This was my first trip to the UK from the States and first off I want to say the UK Fans did themselves proud. THey were first class all the way. Everyone I met, talked to or just bumped into while trying to get a pint were extremely nice and very fun to be around. It definately made my first trip there very memorable and I look forward to hopefully coming back to Bloodstock next year.

<snip>

John

Hey, it was cool to meet you too, as a fellow Progpower III attendee!. :)

After that show from Nightwish I can't wait till Friday (and Sunday). Atlanta (and New York) here I come!

Charlie

chazzyf said:
Hey, it was cool to meet you too, as a fellow Progpower III attendee!. :)

After that show from Nightwish I can't wait till Friday (and Sunday). Atlanta (and New York) here I come!

Charlie
Charlie, were you the one wearing the Epica shirt? So how was atlanta, I've heard some good and bad. I would have loved seeing Nightwish again, especially after Bloodstock!

Later,
john
Underground Zine Scene
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene2

zinescene said:
Charlie, were you the one wearing the Epica shirt? So how was atlanta, I've heard some good and bad. I would have loved seeing Nightwish again, especially after Bloodstock!

Later,
john
Underground Zine Scene
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene2
Yep John - that was me in the Epica shirt.

Overall Progpower was pretty good - I went mainly for the opportunity to meet people again, since I have seen or could have seen a lot of the bands on the bill, here in Europe. Nevertheless there were some exceptional performances notably from Evergrey (IMHO - lots of 'fans' didn't like the choice of setlist), Nightwish (who were better even than at Bloodstock - amazing considering that Tarja was sick before the show) and Symphony X (who were IMHO, even better than Nightwish, if a little loud). Mercenary weren't my kind of thing and Secret Sphere were a little disappointing, but nothing major IMHO. I'll be back again, next year, I think.

Charlie

I got a chance to read someone's prog power teeshirt from the back, and the lineup looked like one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! It's just a pity I havn't got the organisational skills or money to go over to the US and see...
Anyway those comments make me proud to be from the UK :-D