UK let down again !

wolfhoff

Dec 30, 2002
Bristol
Visit site
Great to see you make it for the Nightwish gig last year but not long before that the Primal Fear Tour was cancelled and now the Saxon one !. Good job I like Saxon as well as a lot of money could have gone to waste with Hotel and Ticket bookings. Not the best way to promote a new album , especially one which got some good reviews here in England.

hm...your mouth, shut it :p

you have to look beyond and realize there is a good reason for it, a logical, fair, and good reason.

like you say cancelling is bad to promote, mouthing off a bands actions is a bad way to get them to come there. :devil:

I can totally understand the frustration of the UK fans, but there are 2 things wrong with your post, wolfhoff.

1. It's not fair at all to say they don't care, actually they were really looking forward to get back to the UK. I only know there were a number of reasons coming together and the two that Todde mentioned to me were valid enough I'd say. Even when you put the music/band first, sometimes truly urgent and important things may come up that you can't postpone or re-schedule as you'd wish. These guys may put their music/band first, but they still also have to deal with every day problems in their lives (like with work, health, family etc) like any other human being. So it's inevitable for any band to sometimes cancel a show for such reasons, as much as they will hate to do it.

2. It was Primal Fear who DUMPED that tour back then in the last minute so they could jump on another tour in the States, so don't try to pin that on Brainstorm, it was a huge disappointment for them as well.

No-Mercy said:
like you say cancelling is bad to promote, mouthing off a bands actions is a bad way to get them to come there. :devil:

... and bad promotion as well of course. We the fans should always be careful not to jump to conclusions too quickly, it's amazing how easily someone's thought somewhere turns into the next (exaggerated) "fact" a couple of mouths/mails/messages/posts further down the line.

I truly hope that the UK gets some Brainstorm shows soon, and I KNOW they very much want to play there, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that!

I am Very Upset that you guys have pulled out of the Saxon gigs! I am only traveling to Dudley JB's for Brainstorm! It seems to me that Brainstorm aren't too bothered about the UK fans! I hope I am wrong and you do a headline tour very soon! It's Not like there isn't a market for Power Metal Bands here in th UK, Just look at Bloodstock Developing into something massive! :cry: :cry: :cry: :yell: :yell: :yell: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Where did I say about the band not caring in my post ? please show me. The fact is there were quite a few people looking forward to seeing Brainstorm in England again and we feel disappointed , sorry but thats the way it is. Two tours , two no-shows.Whatever the reasons , it is unfortunate.
As for being told to shut my mouth , what happened to "Freedom of Speech". Should you ever come to England it is best not to use that phrase as it offends people and I couldnt give a toss what you think anyway.
Thanks Marlies for a decent reply to my post.

ah I was wrong about the caring part, I mixed up "thetrooper11015"'s guestbook entry (same as the post above) with your post, so I guess I'm addressing that part to him now. Sorry about that, my bad.

and no, no mouths need to be shut - Greg did put a smiley in there though, so I don't think he meant it all that bad...

I hope you stick around despite your disappointment ;)

Well In My Opinion Brainstorm have shown little interest in playing the UK (livin' in the Western World, I'm allowed to have an opinion!) I hope I am wrong! I won't turn my Back on Brainstorm but I won't rush out and Book concert tickets or buy Albums by Brainstorm as soon as they are on sale! Like i did with Liquid Monser, Soul Temptation (Albums) and The Saxon gig tickets for JB's! Every European person on here (The Forum) will get to see Brainstorm on a regular basis but Not the British! Just an observation which I have made!

Marlies said:
ah I was wrong about the caring part, I mixed up "thetrooper11015"'s guestbook entry (same as the post above) with your post, so I guess I'm addressing that part to him now. Sorry about that, my bad.

and no, no mouths need to be shut - Greg did put a smiley in there though, so I don't think he meant it all that bad...

I hope you stick around despite your disappointment ;)

Seems to me the British hardly get ANY tours, so I totally understand the frustration. But I doubt it has anything to do with a band's interest, lots of things have to be considered when booking gigs/tours. It probably all boils down to the economics anyway... (sales, costs etc)

Yup, I wouldn't imagine Brainstorm refusing to tour UK, it makes no sense really. Otherwise they wouldn't have opened for Nightwish in London ;)
You know I've only seen Brainstorm once over here (Lyon, France) too, I have to go abroad to see them on a more regular basis.

That's a damn shame this tour is cancelled, English fans deserved it, but I don't think it's fair to blame the band when we don't know the reason of this cancellation. It could be anything : unexpected logistical and financial problems, schedule conflicts... but it has very likely nothing to do with the band's will IMO.

yes i wouldn't complain...i don't believe most of the bands on here have even tried to schedule shows over near me, heh heh. im sure they would if they could but i understand that they cant. but now, my parents say im old enough for Prog Power so maybe i can make that trip to start seeing a few.

So I guess the Hardenberg gig is cancelled also? It is still mentioned on the Podium Hardenberg website. I already sent them a mail about it a short while ago. I am sure they will sent me an answer.

Can't wait for Brainstorm to return to the UK. They put on an awesome show at Nightwish last year. A lot of people who had never heard of them were definitly converted there!

Ekib said:
So I guess the Hardenberg gig is cancelled also? It is still mentioned on the Podium Hardenberg website. I already sent them a mail about it a short while ago. I am sure they will sent me an answer.

Saxon is normally playing their gigs (in Hardenberg with Chinchilla supporting), it's only Brainstorm who had to cancel the supporting gigs in the UK....