UK TOUR CANCELLED (TB RESCHEDULED)

Throat infection???
Still got a fair while before they hit the U.K.
What's the point in signing up for a newsletter??
Another kick in the nuts for people who don't live in the BIG cities.

Hope Biff feels better soon, but a bit more publicity would be welcome.
btw-- Show tickets still being sold on meanfiddler site for Astoria gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_CyUafDfY

Gutted. But hope Biff gets well soon. Sorry to those that it will hit in the pocket.

I would add as Goss said, at least its not something more serious.

Finally having Flu a bad throat infection is a pain for all of us and yes we may get over it in 5 days with the right medication ! But to my knowledge none of us on here are likely to be singing in a rock band for 2 hours every night.Biff has to get properly healthy or else they'll be doing a gig and cancelling a gig. Lets all chill its an inconvenience (costly to sum), I'm sure Biff isn't exactly chuffed, and it will surely also have cost implications to the band and management also.

Oh dear.

And there was I hoping to get an evening away from the current Mrs.

Never mind, at least it`s only a throat infection and not anything worse!!

Just hope that Rose Tattoo can make the re-scheduled dates!!

Get well soon Mr Byford.

WMS

sorry fingers i usually agree with you ,but here we differ
it was 8 days till the supposed start of the tour when rumours and concerns were put on the forum
then confirmed cancellations from the glasgow then a carpet cancellation of the uk tour
i see antwerp still goes ahead 1 day after the cancelled astoria gig !!
im just really pissed and gutted about the cancelation ,
i hope this has not happened so that publicity from the harvey goldsmith programme can boost ticket sales after it has been aired in mid to late march
maybe in just a conspiracy theory geek....lol
just hate to see my favorite band shoot themselves in the foot once again
anyways ive had my rant,got it off my chest,been miserable, swore alot, kicked the dog, been bitten by the dog, had a rabies shot,shaved off my hair ,gone into rehab,left rehab,bourght a blond wig,and now feel alot better ,now wheres my diazipan...oops slippery slope back to rehab for me

sorry fingers i usually agree with you ,but here we differ it was 8 days till the supposed start of the tour when rumours and concerns were put on the forum then confirmed cancellations from the glasgow then a carpet cancellation of the uk tour i see antwerp still goes ahead 1 day after the cancelled astoria gig !!

7 / 8 Days it makes no difference. If Biff's ill he is ill :ill: , personally I would be more peeved if he had to leave the stage mid show and cancel the next two gigs. Yes Antwerp goes ahead on the 10th March, but logistically that makes sense (assuming Biff is fit) with the rest of the tour being mainland europe. And there is as I said yesterday in another thread a nice UK size gap in the tour after 30th March.

i hope this has not happened so that publicity from the harvey goldsmith programme can boost ticket sales after it has been aired in mid to late march
maybe in just a conspiracy theory geek....lol

Now that is a laugh out loud conspiracy theory :lol: but lets face facts, the whole aim of HG's programme was to raise the profile in the UK :yell:

just hate to see my favorite band shoot themselves in the foot once again
anyways ive had my rant,got it off my chest,been miserable, swore alot, kicked the dog, been bitten by the dog, had a rabies shot,shaved off my hair ,gone into rehab,left rehab,bourght a blond wig,and now feel alot better ,now wheres my diazipan...oops slippery slope back to rehab for me

Agreed mate. But the communication is AGAIN the biggest issue SORT IT OUT SAXON MANAGEMENT :bah: And as for REHAB.................

NO NO NO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Princess Of the Night, the Glasgow gig was midweek and I couldn't get time off and also I work on a contract basis so don't get paid if I am not there. Getting to Glasgow gigs that aren't at the weekend are a nightmare from here. I finish at 6pm and it takes an hour to get out of Aberdeen (work at the North side of Aberdeen) at that time of night far less the further 2 and a bit hour drive down and then back unless I am paying hotels and coming back in the morning. All in all, it was much less grief to fly down for the gig on the Sunday in Manchester and get the 7am flight back in the morning. Now of course it turns out that this hasn't been the best course of action either, hehe.
Maybe one day we will get them up in Aberdeen though most of the older school bands just don't come up here. Be sods law now and the UFO gig in Inverness will be cancelled!

Princess Of the Night, the Glasgow gig was midweek and I couldn't get time off and also I work on a contract basis so don't get paid if I am not there. Getting to Glasgow gigs that aren't at the weekend are a nightmare from here. I finish at 6pm and it takes an hour to get out of Aberdeen (work at the North side of Aberdeen) at that time of night far less the further 2 and a bit hour drive down and then back unless I am paying hotels and coming back in the morning. All in all, it was much less grief to fly down for the gig on the Sunday in Manchester and get the 7am flight back in the morning. Now of course it turns out that this hasn't been the best course of action either, hehe.
Maybe one day we will get them up in Aberdeen though most of the older school bands just don't come up here. Be sods law now and the UFO gig in Inverness will be cancelled!

that would be all i need.hope this all aint a bad omen as im seeing nazareth in inverness tonight.

Ive thought about things, and its becoming clear that saxon probably havent cancelled because of illness but because of the whole trying to bring the profile back up in the UK.

1. The album comes out mid tour, so if it gets rave reviews, people wont have time to organise going to see them, and by the time most people get round to buying it the tour will be past. By doing the uk tour later, these new fans will be able to check them out too.

2. If this documentary is successful, a lot of people will simply forget about saxon after a few months if they dont see them live.

In general, saxon want there efforts to be coupled with a chance for all the new fans to see them live

Hmmm I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth in your comments there Bosnian. It makes more sense for them to show the documentary first and then have the tour, then all the new fans would get a chance of seeing Saxon straight away. I think maybe they didn't think things through properly and ended up just getting the dates all wrong.

And where's these new rescheduled tour dates, I thought it was gonny be today - hurry up for goodness sake, the day is nearly over!!!!!

But people can see Saxon at Download if they miss the tour.

*pretends to jump up and down with excitement at the prospect of going to Download :p *

Be sods law now and the UFO gig in Inverness will be cancelled!

Yes I've got tickets for UFO as well for Carling Academy in Glasgow in a couple of weeks and I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this as well now - the drummer has broken his arm and they've got a replacement, Dio's drummer apparently, but I just got a feeling this is gonny go tits up as well!!!!!

Hi!

Just some short news:

The new Tourdates are on (a big sorry to our british and irish fans for any inconvienience)!

We're trying to sort out the maillisting error. The page which hosted the maillinglist seems not working and not answering any mails, so we will try to get this on our server ASAP. Please register for the newsletter on the site because we will use this instead to send you the news after we posted them through it.

I will put a news regarding this topic later!

Thanks!

Cheers, Ingo

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks!!!

Was really looking forward to that, especially with Rose Tattoo and Masterplan. Hope they can both make the rescheduled dates or that will be a pisser.

I am with you on that mate.Rose Tattoo were big part of my musical upbringong(so to speak).I have never seen them live in a lot of ways i was looking forward to them more than Saxon.Saxon always put on a top show and have never failed.Rose Tattoo on the other hand i have yet to see so i am gutted.
On the plus side it gives me pleny of time to sort out another gig.Scotland would rock and i think its a weekend.I might treat Scotland to the full Wilks clan.

The only show I can make amongst the new dates is Nottingham, and according to Saxons web site there is a star beside the Nottingham gig, indicating that Rose Tattoo are still on May 16th , Do you think this 'll be right?

What to do now, use the flights and shell out another £100 in hotel costs and wander around Manc

Absolutely! You should come to Manchester, it is a fantastic place, loads to see and do :) Is that £100 for one night? If so, you can definitely find cheaper accommodation than that - but it depends on your "standards" I suppose :)

sorry guys but its the same old story really
really pissed off
flu and throat infections can be cured with the right medication in 5 days
why is it that saxon uk dates are always the ones affected no disrespect to our comrades in europe and defo not to our friends over the pond in usa and south america ( christ you lot are used to it) the last 2 tours now have had to be rearranged ,how the hell can you make plans when it really is a case of turn up on the night and hope for the best
ill sign off now before i blow a fuse
really really really pissed off
oh before i go
i feel for everyone who has made plans ,spent hard earned cash and are disapointed....... this just fucking sucks
see you all on tour in april may june july august september october november december ( delete as applicable)
tim

I am right with you, Tim! On the night we found out that it was cancelled, I came on here and started writing a very snotty message, I was so angry!! But then I thought "What's the fucking point?" I give up, I really do :mad: You have pretty much said what I was going to say anyway - great minds think alike!