UK TOUR CANCELLED (TB RESCHEDULED)

Any word on the support bands yet...............anyone know if its still Masterplan and Rose Tattoo for some venues????

Yeah I'm not too fussed on Down or Megadeth either and when are H & H gonny announce some UK dates, getting a bit fed up waiting here!!!!

Same here can't wait for the Heaven and Hell dates.Call me an old gumby ,but i would like a more traditional,old school metal band to support.Saxon maybe?
I wonder what happened about Saxon playing Download?Still no announcement.:erk:

Yes I agree Midnightridger - an old school band would be awesome and get everyone right in the mood. I dont think I could stand seeing Megadeth or that Down but I would have to suffer them if I wanted to get right down the front. I thought they were supposed to be announcing UK dates earlier this month - they better still be playing here cos that concert WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST OF ALL TIME, probably almost as good as the Rush 30th anniversary tour.

Any rockers with train tickets, hotels etc pre-booked for the London date, up and coming hard rockers The Answer are playing the Bloomsbury Ballroom on the same date.

www.theanswer.ie

I reckon most Saxon fans will enjoy their 70s inspired rock experience.

Any rockers with train tickets, hotels etc pre-booked for the London date, up and coming hard rockers The Answer are playing the Bloomsbury Ballroom on the same date.

www.theanswer.ie

I reckon most Saxon fans will enjoy their 70s inspired rock experience.

That's great news !! I have seen the Answer supporting Dio, and Deep Purple (they were going to support Whitesnake at Hammersmith too, but Coverdale was having a hair appointment and tanning session so had to cancel !!).:lol: They are a great Band - rather Zepplinesque - and won Classic Rock's Band of the Year award. Bec - you should love them, so it shouldn't be a wasted journey after all !!:headbang:

Cheers,

Goss.

Nowt wrong with Megadeth, didn't care for them when I first heard them in the 80s, but along with the likes of Anthrax, Metallica & other old "thrash" bands they are pretty mainstream rock compared to some of the stuff of the last few years.

i agree rik
megadeths early stuff is really for the diehards
there last offering "the system has failed "is spot on the money
i have just listened to "killing is my business" while i was decorating and boy is it hard work
but i would say to those wanting to miss megadeth on the heaven and hell tour give them a try , they arnt as heavy as you might think sure they arnt asia or journey but they arnt korn or canibal corpse either

oh thanks sammi

I am with you on that mate.Rose Tattoo were big part of my musical upbringong(so to speak).I have never seen them live in a lot of ways i was looking forward to them more than Saxon.Saxon always put on a top show and have never failed.Rose Tattoo on the other hand i have yet to see so i am gutted.

Mate I've been on the Rose Tattoo website and they have announced the cancellation of the UK dates with Saxon and are talking about re-scheduling UK dates in July (I guess headlining on their own).

However they are playing The Scala in London on the 4th March.

I got their new album last week and its good - typical Aussie rock n' roll :headbang:

If anyones still travelling to belfast on the date of the canceled show MASTADON are playing in the mandella hall on the same night. Dont know if that is anyones cup of tea but may be an option. Was looking forward to Saxon in the Spring & airbrake. Its a great venue Dio and WASP were great there. See anyone thats traveling in may if there interested. Its a pity the Belfast and Dublin dates are split. Templebar was a good venue on a n.o.w.t.b.

If anyones still travelling to belfast on the date of the canceled show MASTADON are playing in the mandella hall on the same night. Dont know if that is anyones cup of tea but may be an option. Was looking forward to Saxon in the Spring & airbrake. Its a great venue Dio and WASP were great there. See anyone thats traveling in may if there interested. Its a pity the Belfast and Dublin dates are split. Templebar was a good venue on a n.o.w.t.b.

Cheers mate for that. We are still going to Belfast as we have non refundable flight tickets. What kind of music do Mastadon play? Are there any good rock pubs in Belfast?

THE'RE heavy as hell. Check out the metalireland website for gig listings. Pity im not closer to belfast (about 80 miles away) or we could have had a few beers. Not that well up on belfast clubs but i'll get back to u on it.