ultimatemetal and its fate

Originally posted by Borknagar121
I second dat, charge the bands a moderate amount, but then again, its so easy to make up your own BB..........with no cost, so why the bands will pay?:rolleyes: :eek:

personal bb's hosted on a band's webpage are harder to spot and don't benefit from the multitude of users ultimatemetal provides. here there's many different boards and ppl wander around and gets in touch with new bands and so on. moreover, mark takes care of all maintenance issue, while a personal bb would require attention on the part of bandmembers - if they want to keep it free - who often have no clue about it or time to spend there.

rahvin.

@Mark: its about the snail mail donations. I'm still try to figure it out what type of cash money do you take US or Pounds? You only mention Pounds for International Bank Draft & International Money Order thing. There is not state about well concealed cash post. Thanks.

- red_beef

For cash it's doesn't really matter - I can easily get whatever notes transferred into pounds (just as long as there's enough to cover the exchange commission;)). :)

I think it's a good idea that the hosted bands donate signed cds, posters and so, and then the items are auctioned :D

I host a few forums here and I have no probs with a fee as long as it is a fair fee. I did roughly a calculation and if you count all forums (inclusive sub-forums like I have on the Angel Dust forum) then you come on 97 or more. If Mark divides the month cost to all forums then it should be a month fee of $3,-/€3,-/£2.- each forum. Maybe a bit higher... There is no probs for me to pay my amount of fee each month, but as I said it has to be fair, I'm not willing to pay for other forums I do not host...

By the way Mark, my mail is on it's way :)

Well, if that's any use I am a phd candidate in econ. I could try to evaluate the fair fee with accountable techniques and tell you all what's behind the numbers.

hyena - bubu pride

no, misanthrope will have to be the biggest contributor since his signature must be taking away about 50% of total available bandwidth :)

rahvin, relax. there's no such thing as a bubu family.

hyena - BU PRIDE!