Ulysses 31 - who remembers this?

Yeh I remember it along the same lines as Mystrious cities of gold, and Dog tanyan, Bell and Sabstion (sp)

Cant remember it being called Ulysses 31 though just thought it was called Ulysses. If I remember correct it never finished?

Remember Battle of the Planets, Dungeons and Dragons.

Cartoons then were so much better!:headbang:

man, i love cartoons from that era, you're right they were much much better then, and i am not just being an old fart about it, i still love cartoons, there are some good ones today, but the epics of old seem to be gone, they cost too much to do i guess ...easier to whip up a quick flash animation instead now.....

i was so into all the series you just mentioned, and probably any other cartoon that was on tv at the time.......

i bought the ulysses complete series (hooky), dungeons and dragons box set (oficial) mysterious cities of gold ( hooky) and thundercats ( hooky)

sorry to say ulysses held up least well, i loved that show as a kid, but something seems lost these days, just hilrious lip syncing, still cool to watch tho and some of the episodes have great mythology going on.... icant stand the kids in it now tho, i dont think i hve evn got to the end of that yet, wheras m.c.o.g i watched every night until it was done....twas awesome !!)

must be said tho the theme for ulysses tune is still blinding !! must have listned to it about 20 times back to back :)

dungeons and dragons is still the fucking tits tho, man i love that cartoon.......venger is still my fave bad guy of all time, what a badass

have got some battle of the planets, and that show still kicks it, man the phoenix is soooooo cool, and zoltar is pretty high up on my bad'guy' list too

i wish i could get a venger figure, he is badguy sorely missing from my collection

ruud3166 said:
Yeh I remember it along the same lines as Mystrious cities of gold, and Dog tanyan, Bell and Sabstion (sp)

Cant remember it being called Ulysses 31 though just thought it was called Ulysses. If I remember correct it never finished?

Remember Battle of the Planets, Dungeons and Dragons.

Cartoons then were so much better!:headbang:
I just saw an episode of D&D the other day. I think it was on Toon Disney. Battle of the Planets was the shit!

I got about 3 volumes of BOTP as well as all 3 series of Star Blazers (Battleship Yamato or the Starforce).

Also got a lot of Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond (2 of the better more recent cartoons).

Descendent said:
The creator of Dungeons and Dragons is one of my dad's patients.

How many hitpoints does he have? What level is he? What alignment is he?

*ahem*

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mysterious Cities of Gold was absolutely classic!! I was hooked!

MENDOZAAAAAA!!

Ulysses31008.jpg

What was the name of the orange robot?

bout the only name i remember.....nono , the best character in the show for sure, bar nono and ulysses, i only remember yumi and thats purely cos i hated her, and everyone always shouted her name, cos every episode she'd get lost or bugger off somewhere. the others all had crazy names...... from what i remember anyway :)

his son was something like telecaster, but not obviously, that just how i remember it :)

the-gang1.gif

''Oh look we almost made it home but we couldn't leave the fucking unicorn again!!!!!!!!''

God I hated that Unicorn! ''NAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA'' ''We have to save Uni!''

Kill it!

Any one remember this? If you can guess what it is you win......... chuff all.

MyrtilleAuPaysDesRobots.gif

ruud3166 said:
the-gang1.gif

''Oh look we almost made it home but we couldn't leave the fucking unicorn again!!!!!!!!''

God I hated that Unicorn! ''NAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA'' ''We have to save Uni!''

Kill it!

Any one remember this? If you can guess what it is you win......... chuff all.

MyrtilleAuPaysDesRobots.gif
Man I hated that whining fucking unicorn! Here's a few interesting facts about some of the voice talent on that show:
Frank Welker voice of Uni and Tiamat(the dragon) also did the voice of Freddy Jones on "Scooby Doo" and hundreds of others since.
Peter Cullen, voice of Venger also did the voice of Optimus Prime for the Transformers cartoon.
Willie Aames, voice of Hank was also known as Buddy on "Charles in Charge" and Tommy on "Eight is Enough".
Donny Most, voice of Eric the Cavalier, also known as Ralph Malph on "Happy Days"

yeah uni was annoying, but thats still my fave cartoon ever......... uni was tiamat? how can one so annoying be one so awesome !! i'd love a figure/model of tiamat ( as well as venger and shadow demon), too badass.

those voice actors were all over cartoons in that era huh, could hear them all over the place

eric fuckin rocks by the way, the ultimate whining coward

have no idea what that cartoon pic is from tho, and heres me thinking i watched them all ;)

Actually I was quite excited when the DnD cartoon came out given I used to play AD&D at school... I remember screaming my arse off when they announced Tiamat as he is actually one of the fabled characters within the actual game.

Nerd.

is he really??? so does the cartoon tiamat look anything like the game tiamat, you know 5 heads n everything? i never got into the game or fantasy stuff at all, so i have no idea.... just loved the cartoon......and that love was mainly resevered for venger and eric, ....bloody hank !!! like i say i picked up the box set last year, and i only really remember the first 20 or so episodes,, once venger is 'defeated' its never the same again, they broke venger too early........

Descendent said:
The creator of Dungeons and Dragons is one of my dad's patients.
I'm not sure. But my dad said that he's a fat guy with a ponytail. He gave him a stress test, which is walking on a treadmill while hooked up to a heart monitor. It
is a test to see how well your heart handles work. Anyways, he didn't mention whether or not he lives in his mom's basement!