UM Bands Tournament: Qualifying Pool 6

Which Band is your Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
This is a tournament of all bands that have a forum on UM or have previously had a forum on UM. As the Tournament Progresses, more details of the format will be revealed.
Please discuss the music and compare it to the other bands in the match. Inappropriate posts will result in your vote being disqualified. Also, please do not post a message just to tell others who you voted for. The votes can be viewed by any UM member.
Please refrain from plugging your favored bands in a match on another forum. This tournament is meant to discuss music, not have fanboys flock to a poll and spam others' discussion withoff-topic posts.

This poll is open for 24 hours.

I like Dark Tranquillity the most, but Novembers Doom needs my vote. They are a great band and must move on to the next round.

Steve

my boyfriend doesn't understand that dark tranquillity are way better than power of omens and symphony x together and multiplied by 10000 (erm... i'm not talking about technique, though).

i'll make him listen to them some more :heh:

mourningstar said:
my boyfriend doesn't understand that dark tranquillity are way better than power of omens and symphony x together and multiplied by 10000 (erm... i'm not talking about technique, though).

Damn right you aren't talking about technique.

opacity said:
btw, I find it quite disturbing that votes are not anonymous anymore :(

when you post a poll now you can choose whether to go for privacy or not. i can think of a couple of situations where keeping votes public actually has a purpose, i guess.

rahvin.

opacity said:
and such situations would be which ones? :guh:

if you want to keep a poll open only to regulars of a specific board, if you want to avoid having people calling for help from hosts of friends from other boards, if you want the number of votes actually match the number of replies so you're sure no "fake newbie" is a regular in disguise using other accounts.
or, as it happens over at the dt forum, if there are many polls taking place at the same time and you want to keep track of voters so they don't miss one of the polls by accident.

of course there's a lot of situations when anonymous voting still works better, but i just meant i can understand why they implemented the new option.

rahvin.

rahvin said:
if you want to keep a poll open only to regulars of a specific board, if you want to avoid having people calling for help from hosts of friends from other boards, if you want the number of votes actually match the number of replies so you're sure no "fake newbie" is a regular in disguise using other accounts.
or, as it happens over at the dt forum, if there are many polls taking place at the same time and you want to keep track of voters so they don't miss one of the polls by accident.

of course there's a lot of situations when anonymous voting still works better, but i just meant i can understand why they implemented the new option.

rahvin.
the first 2 reasons you give is nothing I understand that it would be good for, but ok I can imagine there are ppl. who want only their posse to vote (whatever kind of poll that would be......).
the others I'm afraid I simply don't understand :Spin:
I mean I don't necessarily write a reply after I voted. (and now that the polls ain't anonymous anymore, you can see anyway who voted for what - why extra replying? )

and you want to keep track of voters so they don't miss one of the polls by accident
:loco: so in future I might get forced to vote in a poll?

these are just my thoughts, don't take it personal please :)

opacity said:
I mean I don't necessarily write a reply after I voted.

exactly, that's why someone might want to check if all those who have replied actually voted: so that no external, "no-reply" voters are involved.

opacity said:
:loco: so in future I might get forced to vote in a poll?

who said anything about "might"? :Spin:

opacity said:
these are just my thoughts, don't take it personal please :)

hey, you know i love you. ;)
besides, i don't really agree with any of the above, except the one concerning my board. i was just mentioning situations where it could be used as a tool. :)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
exactly, that's why someone might want to check if all those who have replied actually voted: so that no external, "no-reply" voters are involved.
and what if don't want to vote for any of the offered options? I must shut up then and am not allowed to give my opinion?

opacity said:
and what if don't want to vote for any of the offered options? I must shut up then and am not allowed to give my opinion?

i meant those who have replied saying they did vote, not the ones who posted messages along the lines of "eat me". ;)

rahvin.