Uncommon bands you know

Or it could be seen as a chance to check out something new (or old). Actually I think it started in my mind as wanting to mention Beanflipper, because they are cool.

Cheers for the Beanflipper link, they are a band that I never saw for some reason, but yeah they are cool.

Have you heard Christbait? Another 90's Melbourne band that are really cool. Kind of industrial/stoner/death metal.

Asyphyx rules. They are the definition of truly heavy death metal, not brutal death metal. One thing I don't understand, however, is that everyone disagrees with me when I say they are very thrashy, and I am told that they are doomy instead. I think the guitar technique on their early work is as thrashy as fuck (lots of very thrashy palm muted rhythmic picking patters, not much tremolo picking, etc.). In fact, I think a lot of old school slower paced death metal sounds thrasy to my ears.

I agree with you, I've certainly found a fair amount of thrashy parts in Asphyx. Though on balance, I would say that the doom aspect is much more noticable than the thrashy aspect. And can I just say again how fucking good Van Drunen's vocals are on The Rack, easily my favourite death metal album, and one of my top 10 albums ever. The title track blows me away everytime.

I couldn't find them on Metal-Archives or myspace. Could you show me where you're hearing this stuff?

sorry i dont know where to get it, i got a buddy who turns me onto to alot of this shit and sends it to me over aim. my aim is jasonbrewer666, if you got aim i could send some tracks to ya. hit me up or reply on here and ill look for ya

sorry i dont know where to get it, i got a buddy who turns me onto to alot of this shit and sends it to me over aim. my aim is jasonbrewer666, if you got aim i could send some tracks to ya. hit me up or reply on here and ill look for ya

I'll add you on AIM. Thanks for sending some tracks!

(I'm Zephyrus2007 btw)

Asyphyx rules. They are the definition of truly heavy death metal, not brutal death metal. One thing I don't understand, however, is that everyone disagrees with me when I say they are very thrashy, and I am told that they are doomy instead. I think the guitar technique on their early work is as thrashy as fuck (lots of very thrashy palm muted rhythmic picking patters, not much tremolo picking, etc.). In fact, I think a lot of old school slower paced death metal sounds thrasy to my ears.

I'd say a mix of both, although Last One On Earth is doomier than The Rack.

In Vain - Wounds EP
http://www.myspace.com/invainno
This is their second EP and is an absolutely amazing and ecclectic mix based in death metal. I hear they just put out a full length.
Of these my highest recommendation would probably go to In Vain.

Hell Yes!!!:headbang: In Vain is an amazing band that I hardly ever see mentioned. I got their full length about two weeks ago, and it has dominated my mp3 player since. I have yet to listen to anything else since buying the Latter Rain. You should check it out.

Mustan Kuun Lapset - Finnish BM band, don't have a myspace.
fuck me!! are they uncommon, or are you just calling them that because they don't have a myspace?
laugh.gif

they rule