do you like Saturnus, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Katatonia?

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
These are good friends of mine from down here in Arizona. I figured some of you would enjoy them if you don't already.

http://www.myspace.com/fallofempyrean

Fall of Empyrean was established in late 2000 and has been depressing the world with its own effective brand of emotional death/doom metal ever since. Throughout the years, the band has gained huge followings, not only in the the US, but in many countries and continents abroad including all parts of Europe, Russia, Asia, Australia, South America, just to name a few. The band has made a name for itself in the doom metal scene and is one of the known doom metal acts in the US.

Over the course of their existence, the band has released three CDs: a self-titled demo, an EP ("Anhedonia") -- both of which sold out -- and a full length ("A Darkness Remembered"), which was released worldwide by Oak Knoll Productions and is available through many labels, distros, and record stores. "Anhedonia" was also re-released with bonus tracks by Russian label CD-Maximum, distributed exclusively throughout Russia and the Baltic States. In addition, the band has contributed to a handful of compilations and split cds. All CDs were well-received and given great reviews from zines and Internet sources all over the world. Along with the reviews and interviews, Fall of Empyrean also received radio exposure in the US, Romania, Russia, Indonesia, many parts of Europe, and via Internet radio, including Doom Metal Radio. In one of their greatest accomplishments, their full-length, "A Darkness Remembered," was named doom metal album of the year by overseas magazine, Metal Maniac Magazine, receiving 9/10 -- the highest score ever given by that magazine.

The band now forges on stronger than ever and will resume shows locally and in other states. The band is also hard at work on their new album, with half the tracks finished, and hopes to record in early to mid 2007. The band is still searching for label support, but will continue business as usual for the duration. We want to thank everyone for their continued support and look forward to seeing you guys on the road ... Hails to you all!!!

I remember hearing these guys aaggees ago on a German Metal Radio station I used to listen to. They were pretty good, from what I remember. Cheers for the link to their myspace.

Traditional Doom is better

Doom like this seems that their albums drag on and on, specially Rapture, My Dying Bride, and Saturnus. A few songs are damn good, but I always get sick of them by the end of the album.

Am I the only one who can't stand the new Saturnus? All the reviews seem to be positive, but this album bores me to death. Over-the-top solos wherever possible, cringe inducing spoken parts, and some really cliche lyrics. I remember really digging Martyre though.

Hello friends, we know things have been a little quiet as of late with Fall of Empyrean, but we want to let you know that things are rolling once again and we will be entering the studio Feb. 3rd and 4th to begin the process of recording our second album entitled "A Life Spent Dying". We will be recording with our good friend, and fellow musician, Ryan Butler in his studio, Arcane Digital Recording. We are very excited to be working with Ryan, he has done work with some very well known names in the business such as Impaled, Misery Index, Phobia, and others, and for such labels as Relapse. We will record three of the songs for promotional use, then continue to finish the album as time and money permits. We will continue to post updates to let you guys know the progress of the recording, and once we are finished with the first three songs, we should be posting one of the songs to give you guys a sneak preview, so look out for that.

We would like to take this time to thank all of our friends and fans for your continued support and to everyone who has added us, we really appreciate it. Things will be very busy with the band this year and we hope to see you all as we plan on hitting the road by the middle of this year. Be sure to keep in touch and we will do the same, as we will be posting news as the year goes along. You could also check for updates on our official website www.fallofempyrean.com. Thanks again, Stay Doomed!!!

Fall of Empyrean
"A Life Spent Dying"

1) Vast But Desolate
2) The Air is Still
3) Lifeless in My Arms (acoustic instrumental)
4) A Long Silence
5) Veins Split Wide
6) Anhedonia (acoustic instrumental)
7) Breathe Deep the Cinders
8) Outro (instrumental)