Underoath tone with 5150?

Jul 31, 2010
Does anyone know any settings or anything to get a tone thats some what close? im having lots of trouble nailing it, idk if its even possible at this point.

I recorded a band last week and thats pretty much the tone im going for on it.

Does anyone know any settings or anything to get a tone thats some what close? im having lots of trouble nailing it, idk if its even possible at this point.

I recorded a band last week and thats pretty much the tone im going for on it.

what album? they're only chasing safety was kinda 5150ish. Define the great line and forward they really kinda tightened up i think they started using kranks until recently but i could be wrong. To me the modern stuff sounds like they're using a lot of presence, lower treble, a lot of mids maybe a high mid boost? an od peddle might put you more into UO territory. and i'd be careful removing too much of the low mids because their tone is pretty warm.

yepp im trying to get a define the great line tone.

the only thing is the only live amp i have is my 5150, so i would like to kinda just get something somewhat close with it.

i have no clue around where i should EQ it.
also im not sure if i could use the lead or crunch channel

pod farm? ¯(°_o)/¯

hahah no.
i honestly hate having to go to pod farm for a tone thats going to be on a full production for a band, i honestly hate hearing all the pod mixs everywhere, like there good and i respect them, i just don't like the fact of it being digital and the sound of it at all. thats just me, many would probably disagree.

i try to just use pod for preproduction and monitoring while the bands tracking.
but if i cant get this down with the amp i might be forced to use pod which im hoping does not happen.

There should be some studio vids for "Define the Great Line" on youtube. Most of that tone came from vintage Fender and Marshall amps. If you're using a 5150 I'd say use the green channel set to crunch and keep the gain around noon.

Yeah thats what im trying out right now, nothing on the lead channel is working at all in the mix, so im hoping to maybe find a good crunch setting.

Yeah man im im getting a jcm800 at some point this year, i wish i already had that because im sure i could get a tone i was happy with out of it.

Yeah thats what im trying out right now, nothing on the lead channel is working at all in the mix, so im hoping to maybe find a good crunch setting.

Yeah man im im getting a jcm800 at some point this year, i wish i already had that because im sure i could get a tone i was happy with out of it.

blending a lead channel warm, mid rangy tone, with a somewhat brighter, crunch tone might sound kinda cool...no idea if it will get closer to an underoath tone but blending might be a good route to try?

I think i might have kinda got something close, to me its a little weird EQs but i guess it sounds somewhat close.

does anyone know any cabs that would be a good fit for this sound?
right now i just have my 5150 on a mesa oversized with v30's.

idk if maybe there would be a marshal cab that would be a better fit.

i can get *really* close to a "lost in the sound..." with a les paul & 5150 on the green channel into a mesa 4x12, lightly boosted with a tube screamer (everything around noon). as for the amp, keep your bass & resonance around 7, mids around 3-4 and treble / presence to taste. put a 57 right between the dustcap and the cone...you'll be in the ballpark.

You can try to ask user: mattmcclellan
He works at glow in the dark where UO did their albums.

Also, here is a studio vid where you can see some amps that may have been used
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHZpO3h:rofl:BU&feature=relmfu[/ame]