Sinister- Hate
Morbid Angel- Domination
At the Gates- Terminal Spirit Disease
Vomit Remnants- Supreme Entity

Big names off the top of my head:

Megadeth's So far so good so what.

Slayers South of Heaven

Sepulturas Schizophrenia

Every Testament album except souls of black and ritual.

CLandestine by Entombed is one of the best death allbums ive ever heard, but no one ever mentions it in the same sentence with left hand path or even morbid angels altars.

Spiritual Healing by Death-

Samael Passage, Rebellion, and Eternal

Lots more but i dont care to waste anymore time

Pestilence - Testimony Of The Ancients
Arcane Sun - Arcane Sun
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (Wings Of Sorrow)

Acid Bath-When The Kite Strings Pop
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Arcane Sun - Arcane Sun

These albums are by no means underrated. You're confusing underrated with underexposed; hardly a bad word has ever been said about them from fans and critics alike.

Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
Cynic - Focus
Psychotic Waltz - Into the Everflow
Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium
Neurosis - Souls at Zero
Believer - Dimensions

etc...

o_O Not at all. The differences between the two are quite clear.

I've never seen a review for Elvenefris that didn't praise it utterly, or give it less than 90%. Is this underrated? Does it matter in any way how many people have heard it or not? Imagine a really crap album....I mean a REALLY AWFUL ALBUM that is nothing but noise.....now imagine a single person listens to and reviews that album....and praises it through the roof, giving it 100%. It's overrated isn't it? It doesn't matter how many or how few people say it's the best album ever; when that accolade is the most commonly observed one and it clashes with your own views, it'll be overrated. Why should the opposite case(concerning something being underrated) not be circumstancially addressed in the same way?

Death - Sound Of Perseverance (The best death metal album ever should be waaaay more popular dammit)

Andything by MAcabre, fuck anyone who doesn't listen to them. :)

Cranium, hilarious lyrics good good speed metal.

Crystal Age, very, very underrated.

A lot of underexposed albums come to mind, but that is not the topic of this thread, is it?

I think Devourment's "1.3.8" might be underrated outside the UG scene (where it is regarded a masterpiece and an absolute cult).

"I think Devourment's "1.3.8" might be underrated outside the UG scene (where it is regarded a masterpiece and an absolute cult)."

hahahah you gave me my first good laugh this morning.

Living Inside said:
"I think Devourment's "1.3.8" might be underrated outside the UG scene (where it is regarded a masterpiece and an absolute cult)."

hahahah you gave me my first good laugh this morning.
Funny, isn't it? Now get back to your gay old-school death metal Deicide or publicity-seeking cunts Cannibal Corpse or whatever the fuck you listen to. :)

I dont listen to either, go back and listen to Devourment mute the same 2 riffs differently for 40 minutes. Boring and retarded and pointless. Let me add Talentless also. Have a nice day and figure out what MUSIC is.

I think a lot of the more extreme doom bands (no, not fluff like My Dying Bride and Anathema) don't get the attention they should. THis is due mainly to fans grabbing hold of the more accessible bands.

No one ever mentions dISEMBOWELMENT, Winter, Dusk, or Pantheist. Of course, some bands in this sub-subgenre do get some attention, although very little, like Skepticism, Evoken, and Esoteric.

I was recently turned on to this music (although I've had Skepticism for quite some time) and finding reviews for these bands, much less the actual CDs, is a chore.

Living Inside said:
I dont listen to either, go back and listen to Devourment mute the same 2 riffs differently for 40 minutes. Boring and retarded and pointless. Let me add Talentless also. Have a nice day and figure out what MUSIC is.
Not in the mood for it right now, I am listening to some other kind of "MUSIC" (Arvo Part). Talentless? The drummer is one of the best I know.

Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane (emotion overload.....)

Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice (best prog album EVER imo)

Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash (not underrated but NEEDS to be heard more)