Underrated Anthrax songs

KillerB

Heaven Piercer
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Everyone knows Madhouse, Caught in a Mosh, Antisocial, Got the Time. I Am the Law, Only, Room for One More, Efilnikufesin, ect. But what about great songs like One World, King Size, Potter's Field, Packaged Rebellion, Imitation of Life, Finale, and Death From Above. What was so wrong with these songs that they were only played once or twice live? Songs that they used to play but died off also count. Examples: Howling Furies, Time, Now It's Dark, Armed and Dangerous.

Also, what is with their newly found hard-on for Medusa?

Medusa has always been a fave of mine as well as Finale. Schism, ADI/Horror Of It All, Be All End All, Gung-Ho, Now It's Dark, Harm's Way, and Catharsis.

I never cared for anything off Fistful of Metal.

Medusa is the crappiest song Anthrax has ever written. If there is one Anthrax song I would say I hate, it would be this one.

I agree that Discharge is their most underrated song.

There's something about it...though they always had killer closers. Gung-Ho, Finale, WCFYA to name a few...

Same with album openers, but those tend to be a lot more popular. Except for maybe Random Acts of Senseless Violence and Time.

I'd go as far to say that almost every album closer of theirs has been forgotten entirely.

Good point, and that's not only Anthrax's problem either. Lots of bands have killer album closers but they rarely perform them live.

IMO the most underrated Anthrax song ever is Poison My Eyes. I can't believe they didn't include it on SOWN and never played it live.

The Japan-only bonus tracks are awesome too. Especially Noisegate from SoWN, shame that no Anthrax fan I know has ever heard it.

Discharge is the most underrated Anthrax-song IMO.
Why they don't play this song live? I think it would be a killer! :kickass:

Now It's Dark is one of my favourite Thrax songs.
Not many people seem to like Cadillac Rock Box or Takin The Music Back as much as me either. I fucking LOVE those two songs.