UNOFFICAL NEVERMORE SONG TOURNEY - EoR1 (Yes! ITS BACK!)

Poll 1 of EoR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
each nevermore song will go against the song directly after it, the winner of the EoR album will go up against No More Will, the winner of the last poll thrown to find out the fan favorite song

*EACH POLL LASTS FOR 3 DAYS*

now:
Enemies of Reality vs Ambivalent = Winner 1

then:
Never Purify vs Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday = Winner 2
I, Voyager vs Create the Infinite = Winner 3
Who Decides vs Noumenon = Winner 4
Seed Awakening vs Winner 1 = Winner 5
Winner 2 vs Winner 3 = Winner 6
Winner 4 vs Winner 5 = Winner 7
Winner 6 vs Winner 7 = EoR Winner

---
No More Will (winner from the pervious experimental poll sequence which I have started a long time ago) vs EoR Winner

dead6skin6mask6 said:
each nevermore song will go against the song directly after it, the winner of the EoR album will go up against No More Will, the winner of the last poll thrown to find out the fan favorite song

*EACH POLL LASTS FOR 3 DAYS*

now:
Enemies of Reality vs Ambivalent = Winner 1

then:
Never Purify vs Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday = Winner 2
I, Voyager vs Create the Infinite = Winner 3
Who Decides vs Noumenon = Winner 4
Seed Awakening vs Winner 1 = Winner 5
Winner 2 vs Winner 3 = Winner 6
Winner 4 vs Winner 5 = Winner 7
Winner 6 vs Winner 7 = EoR Winner

---
No More Will (winner from the pervious experimental poll sequence which I have started a long time ago) vs EoR Winner

just one thing...

if the song order were different, the possible winner might be different. that is, you have 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, and so on. people could like eor better than ambiv, but if it were ambiv vs noumenon, maybe ambiv would win. what i'm basically saying is that the order of the tracks pretty much determines the end result.

more importantly, seed awakening gets the privledge of bypassing the first round. why that song and not some other one?

it seems to me you have it in a playoff kind of a schedule. since that's what you're using, you should remember how teams get into the playoffs--how playoff schedules are made: there's a regular season first. so what i would suggest, to make the standard more objective than the order of the tracks, with seed awakening being a winner in round one just because it's the last track, would be to first have a regular season: maybe have a poll with all the songs, and take the top 8 based on number of votes, and then do like playoffs in sports-- rank 1 vs rank 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5.

SA may have the priviledge of passing the first round, but as the rounds increase, so does the difficulty of choosing winners. the passing of the first round for Seed Awakening is then made up for the fact that the next round of better songs would include it.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
SA may have the priviledge of passing the first round, but as the rounds increase, so does the difficulty of choosing winners. the passing of the first round for Seed Awakening is then made up for the fact that the next round of better songs would include it.

but right there you're doing a judgement call. if this tourney is to have any validity, no one person should have more say than others. yet, your one vote made seed awakening a winner in the first round.

"but as the rounds increase, so does the difficulty of choosing winners. the passing of the first round for Seed Awakening is then made up for the fact that the next round of better songs would include it"

maybe. but what if seed awakening lost in the first round if it were actually up against another song? now, it might win in the second round over the winner of eor vs ambiv whereas it might not even be there if it lost in the first round, and also might have lost to the loser of eor vs ambiv. why seed awakening and not ambivalent? you made a judgement call that influenced the poll.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
but then, the order of the rankings could also have been the order of the cd, and it would be done pretty much the same way and unfair to the other songs.

if that happened (eor #1, ambiv #2, etc), SA would be eliminated from the playoffs! real tourneys have an even number of teams.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
even if that is so, EoR doesnt have an even number of songs, and no matter what the order, there would always be a song left over

right. if you have a poll with all the songs, the least popular one can be eliminated from the tourney. what you basically did was count SA twice, because, technically, in the first round it's SA vs SA. think about football, basketball, hockey, soccer-- would it be fair for all the teams in the league to be in the playoffs, and one of them getting by the first round for no reason other than there being an odd number of teams and the guy creating the schedule making that decision in their favor? it would be absurd. why not just proclaim a winner without even having a tourney?

Do it like they do it on the Opeth forums...

All songs in the poll, and you vote for your LEAST favourite... then you have a new poll excluding that song...