Unplugged/acoustic recommendations?

Porcupine Tree's "We Lost The Skyline" - just Steven Wilson and John Wesley on acoustic guitars recorded during an in-store performance at Park Avenue CDs in Orlando, Florida, with 200 fans in attendance.

I remember awhile back there was a duo, Pipo and Elo, that did Dream Theater covers that I think were just acoustic and female lead vocal... I recall that being pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean they also hijack threads and conversations? Can we expect them to interrupt another band's set in Atlanta and just start playing their music over it?

Hrmmmm...
Well, one of their guitarists was one of the original members of Divinity Compromised, though he is no longer in the band. Prolly the closest you may have gotten.

For the record, and I have said it for years, ND would be a great oddball pick for Prog Power.

Chris Cornell s first solo album is packed with some very strong melodies and is mostly acoustic if I remember correctly .
Lillian Axe - Needle and your pain

You have it all wrong. Unless I've missed it in the thread, the best one I own is:

Hangar - Acoustic but plugged in!

Fantastic singing and playing and I dare say that some songs sound way better on this disc than the official release.

I got the Threshold - Wireless that I enjoy also.

If you can find it, the Whitesnake - Starkers in Tokyo is totally worth the price you'll pay for.

Steve

Firehouse's Good Acoustics

Seconded.. some of their songs are a little kitschy, but Good Acoustics is amazing disc that's been in my collection since it came out 17 years ago.

Only a couple of acoustics songs per disc, but Rik Emmett's first 3 albums after leaving Triumph (Absolutely, Ipso Facto, and The Spiral Notebook) are all really good and thoughtful albums. Calling St Cecelia from Ipso Facto is a great acoustic song about the writing process, and they all have some good blues influenced songs.

Doubt you'll find a hard copy of this (because they're very obscure and out of print), but Uaral is my suggestion.

The album Sounds of Pain... is very aptly titled, but has some choice acoustic work. Here's my favorite track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_cFCdxTG_g

Holy shit, huge bro props to you for posting this. This gem is off one of my favorite doom records of all time. Brilliant stuff!