Unplugged song issues..

MetalSir

Nov 17, 2008
hi everybody!
i'm getting mad with a song of mine..
it's just acoustic guitar and voice, but i can't really get "that" unplugged live sound.

i have just one guitar (line+mic, panned LR) and some fx on it (reverb, doubler) and one voice with fx (a bit of riverb and just a doubler).. but all seems so wrong.

really tks a LOT to all you!

can you post clip with it?
I remember one guy there recorded acoustic guitar and vocal, but processed only master bus. I don't think doubler would help to have live sound. Maybe keep everything simpler.

can you post clip with it?
I remember one guy there recorded acoustic guitar and vocal, but processed only master bus. I don't think doubler would help to have live sound. Maybe keep everything simpler.
so i'd try to process only the master bus?

I think part of the "live" unplugged feel is stereo miking, not line Left and mic Right, actually stereo miking, with 2 mics. And a good room.
but unfortunately i have only one mic and one line track.. any tip on how to manage this situation?

anything that i can ear for having an idea?

tks a lot! :kickass:

Are you recording vocals and guitar at the same time? What mic do you have?

I wouldn't pan them separately, rather get a good tone by mixing both and then try doing some widening with delay around 10/20 ms separating the wet signal and the dry with panning. But it would be better to hear a clip cause I'm just giving general ideas blindly

Are you recording vocals and guitar at the same time? What mic do you have?

I wouldn't pan them separately, rather get a good tone by mixing both and then try doing some widening with delay around 10/20 ms separating the wet signal and the dry with panning. But it would be better to hear a clip cause I'm just giving general ideas blindly
ok i can try to mix both the signal together..

what's about the voice fx?

i'm gonna ask to my band if i can or not share a clip.. really tks man! please keep helping me!