Up and coming young sound engineer

Supernova Studios

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hello everyone, I was referred here by Jason Constantine as I'm starting my own studio/A&R company. I received a minor in music technology and will graduate next semester with a bachelor's in business management from UNLV. I've been working with music since I was 12 (I'm 22 now) but have started to put serious thought into sound engineering since 2006. I work with Pro Tools HD 9, Waves Mercury Bundle, Pod Farm, Komplete 6, Fruity Loops, Logic, Steven Slate drums and other DAWs and plugins. I have been working with clients since 2009 at S&K Music Studio which went bankrupt earlier last year. Ever since then, I've been working with clients at my home studio as well as delegating some of my recordings to Jason's studio as well as the UNLV studio for instruments such as drums and real grand piano. I already have a website up for my studio, but before I go out and promote and go to craigslist to search for more clients, I would like to get your opinions on my mixes. If you go to the Supernova Studios Music Page and scroll down to the bottom, you will see 5 tracks of samples that I have worked on with past clients. Everyone is a different style. Please let me know what you think.
Supernova Studios will also incorporate graphic design, video recording/editing, and music lessons. The website is still under construction and I'm still talking to the people that are interested in expanding Supernova Studios beyond just music production.
My friend, Jason Constantine, told me that my strength is in mixing and I would like to develop my techniques as a recording engineer further.

Thanks,
Dennis

only on a laptop right now, and I only listened to the first sample which sounded ok on those speakers, mix wise!

But if you really also offer graphic design you HAVE to get a better looking page. it looks really old (personal 90's page style) and amateurish...I read that it's still under construction, but honestly I'd rather have no page or a really simple one with no layout at all then something like this^^
for audio it the most important thing is that the samples sound cool, but if you also offer graphics the page has to look cool...imho!

welcome to the forum and good luck with your business! ;)