Up the Irons! Nicko Mc Brain's (drums only) tracks on Youtube!

All these drum tracks really makes me want to re-think my future mixes. I have always been an 80's metal guy, the amount of reverb on those drums is crazy, never realized they used that much!

You guys not Maiden zealots eh? :D Nickos a nickname, his real name is mike!

This almost feels like a turning point in my life. idk wutz going on...but thank you haha
:loco:

Each time I see a hot girl in a Maiden shirt, i´m completely besotted. This is too much..a good looking girl & Maiden fan at the same time omg :D The fuck , I also didn´t know the real name of Nicko Mc Brain ¯\(°_o)/¯

He´s 60 years old :) Wow...this motivates me so much improving my drum skills more and more! It´s never too late having fun on stage and his charisma is evidence of fun and humor. ALTHOUGH Maiden really became a gigantic business.

It´s weird. I think, it´s not as good sounding as his performance on "Powerslave". It´s even sloppy like hell (1:48) WOW and nevertheless it´s working fine in the mix and as one of the most famous singles in Heavy Metal in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was actually not as bad as I remembered (although the tempo is very fluctuating and the kicks are not very tight), but with today's levels of productions, it would undoubtedly be edited to shit.

OMG listening to this^the first time!! The snare sounds FUCKING awesome! And why i´m getting immediatly goosebumbs when Tom Araya starts to sing? :D He´s the epitome of evil hahaha fuck! Great stuff, thanks for sharing, Brett.

He´s 60 years old :) Wow...this motivates me so much improving my drum skills more and more! It´s never too late having fun on stage and his charisma is evidence of fun and humor. ALTHOUGH Maiden really became a gigantic business.

Yeah, Bruce just turned 54 the other day aswell, guys are getting old but still one of the best live bands out there imo.

Who got these tracks to put on you tube? Did the studio release them to the public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOTyVGrzl0

It´s weird. I think, it´s not as good sounding as his performance on "Powerslave". It´s even sloppy like hell (1:48) WOW and nevertheless it´s working fine in the mix and as one of the most famous singles in Heavy Metal in general.

Ahahah! It´s not noticeable in the mix because you cant hear well what kick is doing. I know that because when I programmed the drum track for this cover I could not hear the kick very well in a lot of places. The modern kick it´s all over the place and it´s not dynamic.

This reminds me of that great drum performances of the guy who played on our 2 minutes to midnight cover. What´s his name? Generally I think, this is an awesome mix, Nuno!

Also the bass sound is outstanding! :worship: