Up the Irons! Nicko Mc Brain's (drums only) tracks on Youtube!

I usually listen to these solo drum tracks every time I'm fed up with programmed/sampled drums and that is occurring more and more frequently therese days.
nicko is one of the best rock drummers imo. he's got this unique style that's just awesome. glad to see he get's a lot of love here.
saw him last year on his clinic tour and he nailed where eagles dare, the trooper and others. he's also quite a hard hitter or used to be.
he mentioned he couldn't abuse the drums as much these days as he used to and get through a two-hour set.

+1

i dont personally get the obsession with editing/quantizing/sound replacing to hell. i can see the value in doing cleanup, but i wish the standard these days wasnt absolute perfection. i know editing has been going on forever but to some extent i think quantizing kind of ruined everything. i keep hoping we will reach some sort of tipping point where people get fed up with this idea of studio perfection and go back to producing albums with a solid live feel.

that said i love all these solo'd tracks popping up since rock band. here is one of my favorites:

CRUSHING bass tone

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of that great drum performances of the guy who played on our 2 minutes to midnight cover. What´s his name? Generally I think, this is an awesome mix, Nuno!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKk4EJ_hi8

Also the bass sound is outstanding! :worship:

Michael Blacksmith is his name, yeah he is great, so I didnt much quantizing. Props to Digitaloutput that recorded the drummer and the bass player, they are really good. I think they had a Iron Maiden cover band, so it may explain why they were so good!lol

We have to recognize that this cover became awesome with your voice. :headbang:

Michael Blacksmith is his name, yeah he is great, so I didnt much quantizing. Props to Digitaloutput that recorded the drummer and the bass player, they are really good. I think they had a Iron Maiden cover band, so it may explain why they were so good!lol

We have to recognize that this cover became awesome with your voice. :headbang:

Agreed - we all did a great job on this cover! Props to all!

Geoff

Another Maiden cover would be awesome! Though I'm not sure what I could contribute as I'm a talentless prick :lol:

I could maybe do rhythmn guitars or bass depending on the song. Or even just do the reamping/mixing at the end.