Upcoming Iced Earth album cover revealed

Damn, they really do like Set Abominae don't they? Awesome cover though. Can't wait to hear if Stu matches up to the previous vocalists.

Set is their mascot, just like Iron Maiden have Eddie.
Should be really interresting to hear Stu on Iced Earth, since he sings more powermetal-type vocals when he doesn't growl in his other band. Hopefully he doesn't make the Iced Earth songs sound like powermetal

I think the Set Abominae theme has run its course. I loved the Something Wicked Trilogy but the last two studio albums were just beating a dead horse. I'd love to see Iced Earth make another album like Burnt Offerings. If the band wants to revisit a theme I propose another Night of the Stormrider album.

There's two songs on the new album that features Set, the rest is just songs about different dystopic scenarios based on movies (just like Horror Show was based on different horror-characters), so this is not a concept album.
But I don't mind them using Set on the artwork even if no song features him, they did it on the Horror Show album, but no song mentions him.

You make some good points. A friend loaned me the Festivals of the Wicked DVD. Ripper Owens is amazing and performs that opening from Ten Thousand Strong perfectly live. It will probably never happen, but I would love to see Iced Earth perform the songs Attila and Waterloo live. I'll buy the new record to keep up with My Iced Earth collection and I hope the new singer is good. He has some big shoes to fill.

If you go to Iced Earth's website, you can get a free download for the 2011 remaster of Dante's Inferno, featuring Stu on vocals. He sounds fucking amazing! I'm really excited for the new stuff now.