Upcoming releases

KevenZ, I can see you are like me and you are waiting for the new Blut Aus Nord.

Yes I hope it won't disapoint like MoRT, which was not bad but not great either imo. They need a bit more energy and blast beat me think.... Mort put me to sleep.

I heard yesterday one new song on their myspace which was good, the previous sample they posted was much more folky/catchy, sounds like this album will be a mix of all of their albums.

Shit, there is none. Sorry, it was late and I wasn't thinking. I think there are some songs floating around, though.

No, there is one or two. I think I saw it at some local shop. I am not sure.

Yes I hope it won't disapoint like MoRT, which was not bad but not great either imo. They need a bit more energy and blast beat me think.... Mort put me to sleep.

I heard yesterday one new song on their myspace which was good, the previous sample they posted was much more folky/catchy, sounds like this album will be a mix of all of their albums.

Damn it, a new song. I need to check this out.

No, there is one or two. I think I saw it at some local shop. I am not sure.

Did you catch a title or anything? An Emperor tribute album would be essential for someone like myself. All I've got is Crionics' cover of "The Loss and Curse of Reverence".

Emperor doesn't strike me as a band whose songs are particularly conducive to interpretation (in comparison to say Bathory or Sabbath) so a tribute album would be pretty redundant.

I disagree. I'd love to hear some classic Emperor tunes taken and given a different production, played with different brands of instruments and, of course, spiced up with the personal touch of the covering band.

Crionics is sweet

Indeed. Human Error has really surprised me by how majestic it is, while Armageddon's Evolution is some top-notch Anthems worship which I absolutely crave. Have you heard their new album, Neuthrone? I liked the song from the music video and plan on getting it soon.

I like that band in your signature; the vocals in Drums of War remind me a lot of Arkadius Antonik's from Suidakra.

That is an interesting comparison because I really like Suidakra. But do you mean the lead vocalist sounds like that or perhaps do you mean the more extreme vocals like in "The Dark Citadel"?