Upcoming Swallow the Sun album

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
I'm pretty pumped about this...

So, we have finished recording the "Plague of Butterflies" and it's time to give you some details about this forthcoming release.

Plague of Butterflies is a story about an old hermit, deep woods, loneliness and the plague. It's one song in three parts and holds about 35 minutes of crushing gloom, beauty and despair. Music was originally ordered from us for a really interesting and big project, but the project was sadly abandoned. Because of this we are planning to use the music in different context - namely in a short movie - and we are in search for suitable partners to make this happen. We'll give
more info on this later as things move on and wheels start to roll.

The track list of Plague of Butterflies:

I. Losing the Sunsets
II. Plague of Butterflies
III. Evael 10:00

The album also includes the rare "Out of This Gloomy Light" demo that got us signed back in 2003. There was only three demos sent out, so this is really rare stuff and holds some of the darkest and coldest moments ever recorded by us.

Out of This Gloomy Light -demo:

1. Through Her Silvery Body
2. Out of This Gloomy Light
3. Under the Waves
4. Swallow (Horror pt.1)

Plague of Butterflies will be released at September 17th by Spinefarm Records.

I'm just not into this type of "doom". And I think if you own 'Dance Of December Souls' and 'Brave Murder Day', then you don't need STS.

Saw em' live with Kats, and StS were very amateurish. Seemed just like some dudes with guitars in their hands. Actually they had to borrow their instruments from another band now that I think about it. Not really a bands band.