Update on my album's progress - a slight problem

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Hey

Maybe some of you wonder how this is turning out? Well, my singer has dropped out due to having too little time and I don't blame him - I have declined many people who have asked me to play for them for the same reason. This is such a shame though because I really liked his voice once I got to work with it. Now that I have no singer I'm thinking of either busting my ass off and do it all myself which would most likely result in pretty much only clean vocals, or I can find someone else (which I'm not really keen on doing right now).

A third option would be to leave it instrumental but I would rather not release it at all in that case.

Well, there ya go! In case you wondered :) Of course any tips or what not is still appreciated although I don't know what tip would help right now really but yeah... still.

I better start practising I guess. Shit, when I sing clean I always tend to sound like Tesseract or Periphery in my style, which is NOT something I want. It would be fun if it could be unique in some way but then again, I haven't tried actually recording myself so it could sound very very different than I think.

Hmmm, ok I wasn't fully aware of the back story

well in that case ... you should probably put things on hold until you can find a suitable replacement, unless you're confident enough in your own vocal ability

the instrumental only thing would be a none option to me as well ;)

Good luck man

Well Erkan.. I'd still buy it as an instrumental - I think I said as much to you originally. But of course it's your project and your creative vision here, so go with what you feel.