UPDATE on the DEATH TRIBUTE!!!

im so looking forward to this record like it seems everyone else is! Even as a tribute to the God that was Chuck it would be worthwhile but if it can help James Murphy, excellent guitarist from so many bands I like/love, then all the better!

Rock on James! :headbang:

the latest DEATH TRIBUTE news from james murphy, 2/24/04:

This past Saturday I traveled to Orlando to Richard Christy's warehouse where he and I practiced the songs which he will be playing on for the Within The Mind project. On the first passes through the songs we nailed them... it sounded more like we had been playing together for months rather than minutes. Richard is a very disciplined and talented musician and clearly those traits, along with his love for the music of Death and Chuck Schuldiner, have pushed him to put a good amount of his free time into practicing for the upcoming session. the results will be awesome, I'm more than certain.

It's also looking like a few more guests have been added, Matt Thompson of King Diamond is tentatively scheduled to play drums on one or two tracks, his touring and recording schedule allowing, as is Pissing Razors/Single Bullet Theory vocalist/guitarist Matt DiFabio. barring Opeth drummer Martin Lopez's availability, the remainder of the drum tracks are scheduled to be recorded with Dave Culross of Malevolent Creation and Suffocation fame.

Immediately following the recordings with Richard Christy I will begin traveling to gather the rest of the performances. currently planned destinations include California, Pennsylvania, Iowa, NY and Canada. more US locations and several European locations will also be visited before the project's end.

James Murphy

http://www.deathtribute.com/

Would be cool to know where in europe he's traveling. Keeping in mind a couple of swedes are contributing perhaps sweden isn't such a longshot... If so I would love to have a chance to just meet the man and thank him for all his great music....

has there been any contact with any of the members of cynic who played with chuck? masvidal or reinert? that would be amazing. maybe thats too metal for them now, who knows. its awesome to see andy larocque will be contributing.

this thing is going to be awesome.
and im drooling for the new disincarnate.
i cant think of any other metal records im anticipating more.