Update on - Till Death Do Us Part

May 28, 2004
Tokyo
Dec. 12, 2007
As the temperature drops everywhere else in the country, things are only getting hotter in Florida as the recording of DEICIDE's 2008 release, "Till Death Do Us Part", grows ever closer to completion.
DEICIDE bassist/vocalist Glen Benton entered the doors of Morrisound studios in Tampa this week to record vocals for the album. Speaking on the matter of how the recording session has been going, Benton summed it up with three simple words. "It's all good."
He added, "The highs are crisp and demonic and the lows are nice and gargly. Just like always." However, everything hasn't been "just like always" as far as this session goes. According to Glen, "Sobriety is fuckin fantastic." Combine that with a nine-month rest and you will see why he feels so rejuvenated. "I'm in the best health of my life and I'm 100% rehabilitated," he said. "I'm clear-headed...a lot more focused and concentrated on what I've got to do."
Glen's greater focus and concentration has allowed him to record his vocals on songs like "Not As Long As We Both Shall Live" and "Till Death Do us Part" with greater ease than ever before. "We're rolling through the shit quickly," he said. "I've got a lot more power in my diaphragm and can do whole paragraphs (of lyrics) at a time."
The songs, however, have proved challenging enough that a even a rejuvenated Glen Benton would have to push himself to the very limit. "The lyrics are a lot faster," he explained. "I had to revamp my vocal stylings to do this...try different techniques."

Jack and Ralph are doing the guitars. What made you think Steve had recorded them?

Mmhh, I think I read it somewhere. Or I've made that up by myself ... ha ... not sure. Plus I thought Jack is busy with Adrift. However, Jack and Ralph shred!!!! So it's all good.

even if jack is doing another band/side project, i dont think the guitar part would take very long considering Stench was simple to do

Ralph is "guest guitar". I wonder what they'll do for the NEXT album once Ralph's contract is up. He's going to be a very hard act to follow.

They were under a 2 album deal(stench and til death), so right now,its complete. ive heard that theyre not doing much touring for this album

Anybody has read that Deicide interview in Decibel? I haven't! But I've heard that Glen's talking about how difficult it is to have kids and being a DM band. Could be their last album. Couldn't it be? So that would explain the lack of shows to support the album.