Update

promark420

New Metal Member
Mar 12, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
I'm a home owner.

OK, so technically I'm a condo owner. But you get my point. It's a good time to buy if you can get the loan.

I knew accounting was a stable career choice...

So warm I peed in the pool!

In some ways, I'm really excited. I can walk to mass transit for work, walk to two malls, a Target and a grocery store. And it should take me all of 15 or 20 minutes to get anywhere by car in Atlanta city limits. If you've never lived or driven around here, that's actually a VERY big deal.

In other ways I'm not very excited. The biggest reason is that I'm just not looking forward to associated expenses with ownership such as another insurance bill, taxes (though those are in escrow, so I don't really feel it directly), the friggin' HOA that costs 52% of my principal and interest a month, any repairs or any emergency anything. Fortunately, though, I still have enough cash left over from closing to pump into an emergency savings account. The refund I'm expecting from my 2008 taxes, partially due to the "first time" home buyer's credit, should help me out even more.

So since I live on the MARTA line, and I'll have a spare bed & bathroom, I could have a person or two over for ProgPower. Not sayin', just sayin', but I'm only two stops away from the venue.