Upgrading my set up!~!!!!

doclegion

Contagious Destruction
Dec 31, 2006
Before i start i wanna say that i know my computer has some age to it but it has served me well for a long time :D... anyway i what im working with is
Cubase sx3-drumagag4-2firepods (which are still holding strong;)) windows xp-a dual core processor with 3.31 gigs of ram (booooo!!!)

I wanna upgrade my computer but im afraid of not being about to transfer over all my software and plug-ins--most of which probably cant even be installed on a newer pc if i can how??just transfer the program files??
I have some old waves plugins that i really dont wanna loose along with some others
I want slate samples and to upgrade drumagog along with adding other programs and i really want to try Komplete7
one thing at a time i know!!!!

any thoughts??

Do you have the actual installation discs for the software you wish to keep on using?

Otherwise make an image of your hdd and duplicate it on the new one. It will never go beyond 3 GB RAM with Windows XP though (32 bit OS cannot address any more memory)

Do you have the actual installation discs for the software you wish to keep on using?

Otherwise make an image of your hdd and duplicate it on the new one. It will never go beyond 3 GB RAM with Windows XP though (32 bit OS cannot address any more memory)

Yes i have some of the discs are they compatable with windows 7??
I heard XP is the fastest for windows anyway right now??
I do i creat the image?? using my burning program?? I have everything on an external HD will that help?

Yes i have some of the discs are they compatable with windows 7??
I heard XP is the fastest for windows anyway right now??
I do i creat the image?? using my burning program?? I have everything on an external HD will that help?

Pretty much anything that works on Windows XP works on Windows 7 ... Windows 7 has a compatibility mode built in where you can run things as if it were Windows XP! And the external hard drive is great... just plop the files on you need and you can transfer them on your new computer.

The only thing is, for installation it might not be as simple as drag-and-drop. You will probably have to reinstall some of your programs... so make sure you have all those serial codes ready.