Upstate NY, FAIL.

that's fucked up, man

as parent of 2 kids, one of which is just now school-aged, i'd be pissed as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck if some bastard cops pulled my kid out of school and interrogated and harassed them over something like this

best part is, the cops know damn well they're not allowed to question children without their parents' consent, but do it anyways....le sigh

Blows my fucking mind man.

Shit I can remember being able to fucking walk outside to class from hall to hall (our school was weird, one floor spread way the fuck out over a few acres, I grew up rural) and there were multiple entrances to the school from the school busses.

As soon as those fucked up douches shot up a school all that went away, we had to enter and exit from one doorway and they nixed walking outside.

Also: The smallest fucking offenses seemed to always involve the cops. In fact my senior year (2002) they had a fucking pig stationed at the school. They called him the "school resource officer."

However his real purpose was to be a fucking douche whenever possible. This ass hat actually admitted that if he REALLY wanted to get into a locker, he would go grab an admin to do the search. Probably cause = out the fucking window.

Anyhow, no idea where I was going with that. I guess I will just state that school officials are just as willing to trample on the rights of citizens as any ol' douche politician.

Blows my fucking mind man.

Shit I can remember being able to fucking walk outside to class from hall to hall (our school was weird, one floor spread way the fuck out over a few acres, I grew up rural) and there were multiple entrances to the school from the school busses.

As soon as those fucked up douches shot up a school all that went away, we had to enter and exit from one doorway and they nixed walking outside.

Also: The smallest fucking offenses seemed to always involve the cops. In fact my senior year (2002) they had a fucking pig stationed at the school. They called him the "school resource officer."

However his real purpose was to be a fucking douche whenever possible. This ass hat actually admitted that if he REALLY wanted to get into a locker, he would go grab an admin to do the search. Probably cause = out the fucking window.

Anyhow, no idea where I was going with that. I guess I will just state that school officials are just as willing to trample on the rights of citizens as any ol' douche politician.

I was one year behind you, man, and I vividly remember how the schools changed after the Colorado shooting. It's INSANE (and I do mean that quite literally) how people can over-react to something like that....then do nothing as schools bad stupid things for no reason.

....Has anyone really realized that they BANNED A WORD?! It's mind-boggling, but people should be twitching from lack of comprehension at how crazy that concept is in this country. And the fuckers get away with it.

I am no US citizen but it always seems that especially the words free and freedom were like the ultimate goal ;)
That is some fucked up bullshit they did there-as a parent I would rage sooo hard.

Yeah, I was class of 2001 and the Columbine shooting fucked up a LOT of shit. My school got to the point where you needed to get buzzed in the front door (if you were visiting or a parent coming to speak to someone). Ten years later, and they have to follow dress code/uniform. Just crazy.

Also for anyone who is wondering Webster is close to Rochester NY. Probably more rural than Rush or Henrietta (which are suburbs).

This is only around an hour away from where I reside.

I'm having my first kid in September and I can't say that I'm all that stoked to have to deal with the public school system. Fuck I was reading over at HCAF that some dude had his kid come home and say something along the lines of "we don't play with him, he is you know... the F word."

Father basically goes "WHAT?" (kid was young, like 8) Father gets the kid to say the word, word is fat.

Basically the fat fucking cow of a teacher had told all of the students that fat is a bad word and you shouldn't call someone fat.

Pretty much unbelievable what the public education system currently does and gets away with.

yea, i got pretty shitty with my kid's school lately when i found out that they were breaking the kids up into small groups and making them read the bible. in a public school. in the first grade.

also got shitty when they had some handlers from a close-by zoo bring some animals over for the kids to see, and saw a pic on the front page of the paper of my daughter standing 2 ft. from a cheetah that was restrained by nothing more than a leather leash

le sigh...again

yea, i got pretty shitty with my kid's school lately when i found out that they were breaking the kids up into small groups and making them read the bible. in a public school. in the first grade.

I'd flip if that happened. Undoubtedly.

I got loud with my kids' school earlier this year when my 11yr old daughter came home and was very upset. She handed my wife a piece of folded paper and said "this is from the nurse and says I'm fat". The girl has been dancing for 7 years, she's up to almost 8 hours of it per week now plus all the usual 11 yr old girl stuff - hula hooping, jump rope, etc. She's nowhere close to fat. But according to her school, she was fat. I don't mind the health drive at schools nowadays, but that was freaking ridiculous. It's bad enough that at 11 she's already self conscious about self image, then this happened.

I'd flip if that happened. Undoubtedly.

the worst part isn't that they were forcing bible studies on the kids, but more the fact that the administration seemed completely ignorant of the fact that they aren't allowed to

in addition, i was pretty flabbergasted when my daughter was able to recite the pledge of allegiance word-for-word a month into kindergarten, but was unable to give any reason for WHY she was doing so. apparently the goal of public schools has become to indoctrinate kids with a bunch of "FUCK YEA AMERICA!" bullshit, but not teach them any of the history or pertinent information behind it. they even went so far as to make sure the kids know there's 13 stripes and 50 stars, but didn't mention what they signify.

the more i type in this thread, the more appealing home schooling sounds...

i could never actually home school my kids...too much work, and i'd probably lose my patience with them

i do know that public schools around here suck huge dick though, and private schools are all catholic and expensive as shit. ugh.

Its not upstate, more western NY..just saying. And thats just stupid..Having a school age child this kind of thing irritates me