Urban Breed's Bloodbound is absolutely amazing!

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
(Already posted this at the ProgPower USA forum, but I need to make sure every Tad Morose fan reads it.)

Guys, I've been spinning this baby for a week straight now and this is the shit. I don't think I've been so excited by a power metal album since Tad Morose's Undead in 2000 (well, okay I did drool over Kamelot's new one last year but that was a major exception).

This new album sees Breed kicking so much ass and features some of his most soul-crushing vocal melodies since the terribly underrated A Mended Rhyme and of course the godly Undead. While I love each and every Tad Morose disc, I always prefer the first two albums with Breed over Matters of the Dark and Modus Vivendi.

Anyway, back to Bloodbound, guys this is fucking killer! The production is masterful and the guitar-bass combination is awe-inspiring. Great drumming, perfectly used keys, and killer bass work. Olsson's guitars sort of remind me of Magnus Karlsson's stuff on the Allen/Lande project in terms of clarity and fluidity, but I must say I prefer Bloodbound over his albums. These guys could easily be the best new band of 2006.

Want more?

Read my detailed review:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ontent&id=3161

Fuck, and that's coming from a prog fan at large. Never been a very big fan of power metal since I believe it got way too stale and predictable in the last couple of years (yeah yeah the same crap can be said about prog but I'm not going in there). Fact is, these guys are absolutely amazing.

Check them out at the link in my review if you're interested.

NP: Bloodbound - Nosferatu

batmura said:
Fuck, and that's coming from a prog fan at large. Never been a very big fan of power metal since I believe it got way too stale and predictable in the last couple of years (yeah yeah the same crap can be said about prog but I'm not going in there). Fact is, these guys are absolutely amazing.

Check them out at the link in my review if you're interested.

NP: Bloodbound - Nosferatu

Agreed the only power metal bands I REALLY like are: Blind Guardian, Tad Morose, Masterplan, Kamelot, Falconer (with Mathias Blad who is now back!).

I'll certainly check out your review.

Whats with the black metal, Cradle Of Filth, King Diamond, Emperor look Urban and the rest of the band have going on?. Is it just for the first album or is this something they intend on keeping throughout the bands career? I personaly don't think its fits with the music, hense it being more like Maiden, Helloween and Blind Gaurdian. Oh well.:hotjump: