USA-Canada Tourdates 2008

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Following dates have been confirmed on Nw.com for the second leg of Nightwish North American tour:

[CANCELLED]05.05.2008 Starland Ballroom Sayreville USA[CANCELLED]
06.05.2008 Webster Theatre Hartford USA
07.05.2008 Chance Theater Poughkeepsie USA
09.05.2008 Centre De Foire Quebec City Canada
11.05.2008 Cowboy´s London Canada
14.05.2008 Garrick Centre Winnipeg Canada
15.05.2008 The Drink Regina Canada
16.05.2008 Starlite Room Edmonton Canada
17.05.2008 MacEwan Hall Ballroom Calgary Canada
19.05.2008 Sugar Victoria Canada
20.05.2008 Croation Cultural Centre Vancouver Canada
22.05.2008 The Boardwalk Orangevale, CA USA
23.05.2008 House of Blues San Diego USA
24.05.2008 House of Blues(LV) Las Vegas USA
26.05.2008 Ogden Theater Denver USA
27.05.2008 Granada Lawrence USA
28.05.2008 Pop´s Sauget USA
30.05.2008 Headliner´s Music Hall Louisville USA
31.05.2008 The Pearl Room Mokena USA

Tickets are on sale at www.enterthevault.com right now.

The show at Starland Ballroom has been cancelled :erk:

Webmaster Jarmo posted this on Nw.com board today Thu Apr 24. 2008
I just received confirmation from Ewo:
=============
We were forced to cancel the first US show because the only suitable
cargo flight from Mexico City was just recently cancelled.

We are all really sorry about this, but no backline = no show.

=============
- Webmaster -

Excellent! I knew they were coming again in May of 2008, but i didn't expect confirmed dates and tickets to be on sale quite yet.

I know second legs of tours typically hit the "off" spots; less popular locations that may not have gotten a concert in the first run, but i really hope (and figure) that they will include some of the major locations yet again. I don't feel like traveling to Poughkeepsie or to the Starland if i don't have to. :p But that is the single downside to nyc: Our concerts take forever to book, so it is almost always the last to be confirmed.

What the f*ck, no L.A. dates?

Vegas, and some blip on the map called Orangevale, but nothing in So. Cal.? What gives?

How can you have a major tour in the U.S. and *not* play L.A.?

Well, looks like I'll have to miss that leg of the tour. San Diego is over 4 hours away for me, and Vegas is just as far. :(

And forget hoping that they'll come to central Cali, hardly anyone does.

After playing Nokia and the Troc, Starland and the Chance are kind of a letdown.

I live 15 minutes from the Starland, ray. so i don't consider it a letdown. I'm happy starland is now opening it's doors to prog and power bands now. I mean Sonata is playin there and i never would of thought that would ever happen. When i saw and heard the sonata was playin there. I knew NIGHTWISH was next. I'm hopin this is just a the beginnning. Even though you think it's a letdown ray, im sure you'll be there with me and carl. :p

Blabbermouth:

NIGHTWISH To Play New Orleans In September - Feb. 20, 2008

Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH will perform at the House of Blues in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 20 as part of the third U.S. leg of the band's tour in support of the "Dark Passion Play" album.

The trek, which will also include a September 24 date at the Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, North Carolina, is tentatively scheduled to begin at the end of August and run through the end of September. Final details, including special guest support and on-sale dates, will be officially announced in early April.

Discussions have also started to bring the band back to North America in early 2009 for additional touring. Those plans should be finalized by the summer.

In other news, NIGHTWISH has officially sold out of all VIP tickets for its spring 2008 tour.

i hope they come back to seattle,maby at the showbox sodo ,or better yet the paramount or moor theater!

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day. The rumor of the hour is that Nightwish will be making a DVD in Atlanta on PPUSA week.

Ray, do you mean Glenn's announcement about cancelling the showcase for something else he's got in his sleeve? He says he is going to post tomorrow an announcement about what he is up to, so let's see. Would be awesome news if the rumour is true!