USA-Canada Tourdates 2008

False alarm. It is a Helloween/Gamma Ray show.

However, it was nice to think about it. Right, Petri?
Indeed, Maybe next year, but I wouldn't complain much if were able to see Helloween/Gamma Ray in the same night. :cool:

OK, how about this news then :heh:

SONATA ARCTICA To Support NIGHTWISH On Fall 2008 U.S. Tour - Feb. 27, 2008

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA will support NIGHTWISH on the third U.S. leg of the Finnish/Swedish symphonic metal band's tour to promote the "Dark Passion Play" album. The trek, which will include a September 20 date at the House of Blues in New Orleans, Louisiana and a September 24 stop at the Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, North Carolina, is tentatively scheduled to begin at the end of August and run through the end of September. Final details, including on-sale dates, will be officially announced in early April. Discussions have also started to bring NIGHTWISH back to North America in early 2009 for additional touring. Those plans should be finalized by the summer.

In other news, NIGHTWISH's May 17 concert in Calgary is now officially sold out and it is suggested that anyone looking for tickets to that concert to go to the Edmonton gig on May 16 as there are still some tickets available.

:headbang:

Indeed, Maybe next year, but I wouldn't complain much if were able to see Helloween/Gamma Ray in the same night. :cool:

OK, how about this news then :heh:

SONATA ARCTICA To Support NIGHTWISH On Fall 2008 U.S. Tour - Feb. 27, 2008

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA will support NIGHTWISH on the third U.S. leg of the Finnish/Swedish symphonic metal band's tour to promote the "Dark Passion Play" album. The trek, which will include a September 20 date at the House of Blues in New Orleans, Louisiana and a September 24 stop at the Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, North Carolina, is tentatively scheduled to begin at the end of August and run through the end of September. Final details, including on-sale dates, will be officially announced in early April. Discussions have also started to bring NIGHTWISH back to North America in early 2009 for additional touring. Those plans should be finalized by the summer.

In other news, NIGHTWISH's May 17 concert in Calgary is now officially sold out and it is suggested that anyone looking for tickets to that concert to go to the Edmonton gig on May 16 as there are still some tickets available.

:headbang:

WHAT???????? Holy Shit! This is gonna be some fall:headbang:

That Hartford date may be a possibility for me. I'd love to see them live. I haven't written my review of Dark Passion Play yet, but I loved the disc.

If Sonic Syndicate opens for them...I'm sorry! I forget what band I went to see, but I was unfortunate to see them opening. Actually, the whole crowded started jumping up with the middle finger out shouting "fuck you"! It was actually quite fun =D. Then we sat down when we realize they were still going to continue playing in spite of everyone hating them and throwing things at them.

Blabbermouth.net

NIGHTWISH will announce their upcoming U.S. fall tour dates on April 8.

Keeping in line with the tradition of the band's first two U.S. tours in support of its latest CD, "Dark Passion Play", the group is putting two dates on sale early — September 17 at La Zona Rosa in Austin, Texas and the previously announced September 24 at the Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, North Carolina. Both of these dates are on sale now exclusively through EnterTheVault.com, with special VIP meet-and-greet tickets available for Austin only

If Sonic Syndicate opens for them...I'm sorry! I forget what band I went to see, but I was unfortunate to see them opening. Actually, the whole crowded started jumping up with the middle finger out shouting "fuck you"! It was actually quite fun =D. Then we sat down when we realize they were still going to continue playing in spite of everyone hating them and throwing things at them.

no SS is opening for them on the next tour , after them SONATA ARTICA ARE GONA OPEN FOR THEM!!!! ITS THE TOUR THAT SHOULD OF BEEN!!!

Xeno, Sonic Syndicate will be the opener for Nightwish on the next leg in May and Sonata Arctica will tour with Nightwish on the 3rd leg in Aug-September.

www.enterthevault.com has put most of the Nightwish autumn tour dates up in thier catalog.
(Mind you, this is not definite list of dates and venues and remember that all dates will be confirmed only when they appear on Nightwish.com)

8/29/2008 Sonata Arctica The Trocadero 1003 Arch Street
Philadelphia PA Door: TBD - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Show: TBD
Tickets: $29.50-$65.00

8/30/2008 Sonata Arctica The Palladium 261 Main St.
Worcester MA Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $26.50-$60.00

9/4/2008 Sonata Arctica Agora Theater 5000 Euclid Ave
Cleveland OH Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $25.00-$56.00

9/5/2008 Sonata Arctica Harpo's 14238 Harper Ave
Detroit MI Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $20.00

9/9/2008 Sonata Arctica Showbox SoDo 1700 1st Ave
Seattle WA Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $27.00

9/10/2008 Sonata Arctica Roseland Theater 8 NW 6th Ave
Portland OR Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $25.00

9/12/2008 Sonata Arctica The Fillmore 1805 Geary Blvd.
San Francisco CA Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $32.50-$77.50

9/13/2008 Sonata Arctica The Wiltern 3790 WIlshire Blvd
Los Angeles Ca Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $33.50-$80.00

9/14/2008 Sonata Arctica The Marquee 730 North Mill Ave
Tempe AZ Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $23.00

9/16/2008 Sonata Arctica The Palladium Ballroom 1135 S. Lamar
Dallas TX Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $24.00

9/17/2008 Sonata Arctica La Zona Rosa 612 West 4th St
Austin Tx Door: TBD - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Show: TBD-PLEASECONTACTVENUE
Tickets: $25.00-$60.00

9/19/2008 Sonata Arctica The Meridian 1503 Chartres 77002
Houston TX Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $23.00

9/20/2008 Sonata Arctica House Of Blues New Orleans 225 Decatur
New Orleans Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $24.00

9/21/2008 Sonata Arctica Jannus Landing 16 Second St. North
St Petersburg Fl Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $26.00

9/23/2008 Sonata Arctica The Valarium 1213 Western Ave
Knoxville TN Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Tickets: $22.50

9/24/2008 Sonata Arctica Tremont Music Hall 400 West Tremont Ave 28203
Charlotte NC Door: TBD - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE
Show: TBD-PLEASECONTACTVENUE

9/26/2008 Sonata Arctica Ram's Head Live 20 Market Place
Baltimore MD Door: tbd - PLEASE CONTACT VENUE

Limited VIP meet-and-greet packages are available for the following dates:

Aug. 29 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
Aug. 30 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Sep. 04 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theater
Sep. 12 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
Sep. 13 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
Sep. 17 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa

Tickets are on sale now exclusively through EnterTheVault.com until May 10, at which point they will be made available through all normal ticketing systems.

More dates will be announced in the coming weeks.

I've said it before, if there is one negative to living in New York (as far as concerts go), it is that our date of a tour is perpetually the last to be confirmed/go on sale. Still, not a huge deal. It will happen eventually.

That aside, the news that the tickets are finally going on sale is exciting. Nightwish + Sonata = a dream tour for most every Nightwish fan. :] For that very reason, for American fans, this tour will be almost as important as the first tour with Anette.

Now there is only one question left to be answered: Will we see any duets with Tony, or is that something retired with the old era?

North American tourdates for Nightwish & Sonata Arctica, fall 2008

** Updated Jun 02. 2008 **

- ( * ) = Sonata Arctica headline show without Nighwish

* 08-28-2008 Jaxx W. Springfield VA
08-29-2008 The Trocadero Philadelphia PA
08-30-2008 The Palladium Worcester MA
* 08-31-2008 The Chance Poughkeepsie NY
09-01-2008 Metropolis Montreal QC Canada
09-02-2008 The Docks Toronto ON Canada
09-04-2008 The Agora Theater Cleveland OH
09-05-2008 Harpo’s Concert Theater Detroit MI
09-06-2008 House of Blues Chicago IL
* 09-07-2008 Station 4 St. Paul MN
09-09-2008 Showbox So Do Seattle WA
09-10-2008 Roseland Theater Portland OR
* 09-11-2008 Big Easy Boise ID
09-12-2008 The Fillmore San Francisco CA
09-13-2008 The Wiltern Los Angeles CA
09-14-2008 Marquee Theater Tempe AZ
09-16-2008 The Palladium Dallas TX
09-17-2008 La Zona Rosa Austin TX
09-19-2008 Meridian Houston TX
09-20-2008 House of Blues New Orleans LA
09-21-2008 Jannus Landing St. Petersburg FL
09-23-2008 Valarium Knoxville TN
09-24-2008 Tremont Music Hall Charlotte NC
* 09-25-2008 Uncle Pleasants Louisville AL
09-26-2008 Rams Head Live Baltimore MD
09-27-2008 Nokia Theater New York NY [ Apr 29. only Nw confirmed ]
* 09-28-2008 Penny Arcade Rochester NY

That'll be a tight schedule o_O :zombie: :loco:

** Edit Jun 02. 2008 **

The shows above are now confirmed

Tickets to the shows available at www.enterthevault.com

Link to Nightwish tour dates
Link to Sonata Arctica tour dates

They are going to be busy boys (and girl). Obviously I'll be at the Nokia Theatre event. I would love to hit the Troc like last year for the meet n greet, but i doubt that will be possible for a variety of reasons. Still, it's too early to tell anything for sure right now.

Bump!

I updated the fall tour dates above according to the NW and SA confirmations on their websites by Apr 28.
Sonata seems to be working hard as they have listed five headliner shows on NW's off dates.

The Canadian dates and Chicago seem to be still pending.