USA metal fest circuit

Element_man

Lord of the Realm
Hey guys, some time I'd like to make a trip down to the states and do something of a festival tour. There's quite a few smaller fests that happen in the states alongside the higher-profile events I've and I'd like to make a list of the ones that are currently active for 2011, and the ones that we active in 2009/10 but are now on hold. I'm only really interested in fests that are geared towards traditional/power/speed/thrash/doom/prog metal, not much extreme stuff. The dates/weblinks would be handy as well.

If there's a string of festivals happening in a month-long span of time a reasonable distance from each other, I'd love to go on a righteous road trip. If it ended up at ProgPower USA, so much the better.

Thus far, I'm aware of the following Active fests:

Doom in June (June 4, NV)
Warriors of Metal (June 17-18, OH)
Days of the Doomed (June 17-18, WI)
Dirt Fest (Aug 13, MI)
Progpower USA (Sept 14-17, GE)
Defenders of the Old (Oct. 15 MD)
All Hallows Eve (Oct. 23 OH)
Florida Powerfest (??? FL)

RIP/On hold fests:

Chicago Powerfest
Heathen Crusade
Nightmare Metal Fest
Born to be Doomed

What am I missing?

Big Warriors of Metal write up.

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/2214/92/

WOMIVposter4-10-11lg.jpg

Florida powerfest will likely actually continue sometime in the spring of 2012. I have either A) a bigger show that last years show going on. or B) a full two day event like prog power. just depends on whats available at the time.

This is why. Its just taking a while to get my ducks in a row, after all, I'm not Glenn Harveston :)

Pathfinder Promotions usually hosts a mini-fest the first Saturday in May and again later in October or early November. The Metal MayDay 2011 event is good to go. Not sure yet what I am doing in October/November - if anything this year. Last year was a rude awakening when hardly anyone showed to support the Pathfinder MetalFest despite the incredible acts that were performing. Still digging myself out of that hole. :erk:

check the link in the sig' and find the event page for details.

I certainly applaud those who are still trying to put this things on. If I had dealt with the stuff I have read and heard from people like Datis and Hoyt I would have said fuck you to the metal community long ago.

Flight Of The Valkyries - Baltimore, Maryland .. last year it was on November 6. Female fronted/Female bands

I'll post this year's date as soon as it's set!

As for female-fronted, there is another festival called Dame-Nation that will play in Chicago, on July 30th. Last year, Metal Sanaz actually hosted the event.

I like that age-based pricing grade on the Warriors of Metal fest. Good way to A) encourage younger people to check it out on the cheap. and B) let old-school metalheads who have grown into parents bring their kids without having to pay double.

The only part of that which raises my eyebrow is the 17+ $30 and up. How high does the price get?

I'll post this year's date as soon as it's set!

As for female-fronted, there is another festival called Dame-Nation that will play in Chicago, on July 30th. Last year, Metal Sanaz actually hosted the event.

I saw that on the REGGIES site, but no bands yet are listed as confirmed.

The problem with shows like that in Chicago is that whoever puts that on does a piss poor job of advertising, as I am in Chicago, and never even knew there was one last year.

I like that age-based pricing grade on the Warriors of Metal fest. Good way to A) encourage younger people to check it out on the cheap. and B) let old-school metalheads who have grown into parents bring their kids without having to pay double.

The only part of that which raises my eyebrow is the 17+ $30 and up. How high does the price get?

I'd like to address the Ticket price conern (there should be no concern at all, believe me! You won't find a cheaper Fest than ours for the caliber of the bands showcased.) for Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air.

This is right off of our website:

TICKET PRICING

Advanced Tickets (until May 21) will be: $30 adult, $10 young adult, $5 camping with pre-registration. Children 11 and under are free admission & free camping with an adult, no pre-registration required.

Last-Minute Advanced Tickets (May 22 - June 10) will be: $35 adult, $10 young adult, $free child, $10 camping with pre-registration

Gate prices (June 17-18) Weekend: $40 adult, $10 young adult, $free child, $25 camping
Friday only: $15 adult, $10 young adult, $free child, NO camping
Saturday only: $25 adult, $10 young adult, $free child, NO camping

VOLUNTEER!If you are interested in volunteering for Warriors of Metal Fest IV, please visit our volunteer site and sign up. Benefits include free weekend admission, free camping, free non-alcoholic beverages, discount on WOM merchandise at merch tent, free 1-year Warriors of Metal membership, our undying gratitude, and a profound sense of righteous goodness.

Datis
Warriors Of Metsl Fest Open Air Booking