USA metal fest circuit

I saw that on the REGGIES site, but no bands yet are listed as confirmed.

The problem with shows like that in Chicago is that whoever puts that on does a piss poor job of advertising, as I am in Chicago, and never even knew there was one last year.

Jasonic - On Thursday, June 16th, as part of our Pre-Fest Metal Party in two different cities in the Midwest, The Nite Cap Lounge in Chicago will feature Sacred Dawn, Aura Azul (Puerto Rico), Machinage (Brazil) and Degradation.

The other show is in Fort Wayne, Indiana hosted by ARGONAUT (most of the former Zephaniah crew) and that one features Spellcaster(Portland, OR), Vanlade (Kansas City, KS) and Split Heaven (Mexico).

Datis
Warriors Of Metal Fest Open Air Booking :headbang:

Aye, Warriors of Metal looks utterly deadly. Dantesco? Fuck yes. Really temped to catch that one if I could convince some friends.

Cheers for the kind words Element Man. But even if you can't find some more True metalheads to come with you (which I'd find hard to believe), you should totally come to the Fest anyway, all by your lonesome if ya have to. You don't wanna miss all the other great bands other than DANTESCO, believe me!

Oh yeah, and we'll also have the first ever WOM Fest Bar-B-Q challenge as the bass player for the Brazilian Thrash Metal band (Machinage) has promised to make us Brazilian Bar-B-Q and he has welcomed the challenge from the girlfriend of the bass player of last year's bands (Beyond Fallen & Forgotten Legacy's Chuck Donahue) to go head to head with her own receipe of barbecue ribs from Northeastern Pennsylvania! Who will win? EVERYBODY, lol! So nobody should miss this :kickass::headbang: !!!

Datis
Warriors Of metal Fest Open Air Booking

The problem with shows like that in Chicago is that whoever puts that on does a piss poor job of advertising, as I am in Chicago, and never even knew there was one last year.

Good thing I'm here, then! :Smokedev:

Most of the bands, except 2, have been announced. Here they are:

DEADMANSWAKE
Angelical Tears
SOLARSPHERE
Shield of Wings
The Unvoiced
A Sound of Thunder
Lindz Riot of Mary and The Black Lamb (She's doing some kind of opening accoustic set.)

Let me know if you need tix. :D

I really hope this years fest gets some more attention than previous years, I really would like to see it succeed. So many people and fests, promoters, etc loosely use the terms "true metal", "traditional metal" etc but I think WOM is the only festival that actually is a really true metal festival. No horrible death and black metal or pertinacious proggy power metal, just pure heavy fuckin metal

Ok well I can think of two other "fests" but they seem pretty non existent.

Hey Everybody

Here's the latest news about Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air announces the latest roster update for Saturday, June 18th.

Amelia, OH – May 12th, 2011 – The Warriors Of Metal Fest IV Open Air has learned that due to transportation difficulties, Spellcaster has regretfully cancelled their appearance at this year's festival. The Chillicothe, OH Heavy Metal band, Grimstone has accepted the organizers' invitation to fill this void however and they will perform on the second day of the festival.

Formed in the spring of 2005, the current line up of Grimstone was solidified in 2006 consisting of of vocalist Paul Remy (from Millenia & The Dan Haters fame), guitarist Joe Bellar (Savage Bliss & Cold Ethyl), Bass player Chris Seymour (High Street, Cold Ethyl, Somethin' Wicked, & Ground Zero) guitarist Kevin Sexton (Alien Angel, Somethin' Wicked & Ground Zero) and drummer Mike Horsley (Skold & Indespise). In the same year they won the Ohio University - Chillicothe battle of the bands and received the top prize of several days worth of free recording time at the world famous Recording Workshop's state of the art studios under the direction of the sound engineering instructor and Metal producer, Brian Muth. Their self titled EP was released in March of 2007 and recordings have been in progress for a full length CD release ever since. Fest organizer Datis Alaee states that "Grimstone has always been supportive of all our efforts to resurrect our local Metal scene in the past 4 years. They are active members of their community, and perform at every benefit show possible. We are indeed honored that they have accepted our invitation to take part in our festival as they have always been a professional and quality act in our region".

Festival tickets are available at www.warriorsofmetalfest.com. Get your tickets early for the best price! Until May 21, weekend advanced tickets are just $30 for ages 17+, $10 for ages 12-16 and $5 for weekend camping. Children 11 and under are free with a paying adult.

From May 22-June 10, advanced tickets will be $35 for ages 17+, $10 for ages 12-16 and $10 for weekend camping.

Daily tickets are not available in advance and will only be available at the gate each day – $15 for Friday only and $25 for Saturday only, no camping. Weekend tickets at the gate will be $40 and camping will be $25.

For further information, please contact: Datis Alaee at datis@warriorsofmetalfest.com

Here is a video of Grimstone in action: http://youtu.be/LymIYMYljlE

Just a reminder.

WOMIVposter4-10-11lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
for immediate release:

The Mayans had it wrong

Harold Camping had it wrong

Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles had it wrong

the 'Beginning of the End' starts Nov 11th, 2011

Announcing the dates and location of the Third - and FINAL - installment of the Pathfinder MetalFest, featuring traditional, progressive, power, and thrash metal acts from across the United States, focusing on today's talent and tomorrow's stars! Full roster and more details to be revealed before the end of July. Stay Tuned! \m/

Last edited by a moderator: