Using ddrum acoustic pro triggers live?

Sep 18, 2008
Finland
So does anyone know can these be plugged straight to firewire soundcard / drumagog?

I'm thinking of signal chain like: trigger --> m-audio profire --> daw --> drumagog --> profire output to FOH

My main concerne is that will the soundcard accept the xlr signal from the trigger just like that. I remember hearing that the polarity is somehow different / switched on the triggers XLR output compared to normal XLR.
But that's just what I may have heard.

Any info in general how the triggering in live situations is working for you guys, would also be cool to hear!

We don't have any fast doublebassdrum shit going, so I suppose this would be a bit easier case.. :loco:

thanks!

So does anyone know can these be plugged straight to firewire soundcard / drumagog?

I'm thinking of signal chain like: trigger --> m-audio profire --> daw --> drumagog --> profire output to FOH

My main concerne is that will the soundcard accept the xlr signal from the trigger just like that. I remember hearing that the polarity is somehow different / switched on the triggers XLR output compared to normal XLR.
But that's just what I may have heard.

Any info in general how the triggering in live situations is working for you guys, would also be cool to hear!

We don't have any fast doublebassdrum shit going, so I suppose this would be a bit easier case.. :loco:

thanks!

Hey!

I was told that the triggers have a very hot output and you could destroy your interface. Dunno if it´s true, though. You need something like this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriggerIO/ to transform the trigger output to MIDI signals for your DAW.

Greetings Chris

Hey!

I was told that the triggers have a very hot output and you could destroy your interface. Dunno if it´s true, though. You need something like this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriggerIO/ to transform the trigger output to MIDI signals for your DAW.

Greetings Chris

Destroy your interface with the aid of some sort of magic then I assume. They have hot output and that is exactly why I LIKE them, compared with Roland triggers for example which I've had problems with getting a strong enough signal (depending on how the drummer plays). I've never had any problems with the ddrum triggers live. Most of the time I use them with an Alesis D4.

Pin configuration of the XLR: pin 2 hot, pin 1 and 3 connected to the sleeve, just like any other unbalanced source. What you put in the other end is completely up to you. I've found that with my interface (Behringer ADA8000) I can run them in the line-in and still get a sufficient signal.

They'll be fine running into your profire, they won't destroy your interface :rolleyes:

Yes DDrum triggers have a hot output, but all it might do is clip the input. In which case you can turn down the gain or switch on the pad.

As long as your rig is stable at low latency you should be fine.

Uh... Yes you´re right guys I´m sorry... The post I was referring to was about plugging the triggers to the Line-In, not the Mic Inputs.

Uh... Yes you´re right guys I´m sorry... The post I was referring to was about plugging the triggers to the Line-In, not the Mic Inputs.

Even plugging them into the line in will not destroy your interface. I did this for months until I got more pre's.

Also, OP--what you're talking about will work just fine, just use Drumagog in "live" mode, and you can use your own samples, unlike if you get a drum module, where you are stuck with whatever samples are built in