Using FastFret when recording. yes? no? why?

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
So...do you use it?

Do you see any advantages or disadvantages of using GHS FastFret while recording?

I´ve been using it on rehearsals and the lifespan of the strings has increased a lot.

Dont think they have much of an effect on the sound of the strings but they give old strings a really nice feel.

I like the feel and it does seem to get rid of some of the shit in your strings. Might give the strings a tad longer lifespan but nothing major.

I only use it to clean my strings after I play, but it keeps the strings from corroding which increases life (of course), and it also seems to keep the strings sounding fresh for a while (it seems to keep them in the 80% new sounding range for a while).

I change strings when recording too often (every song or every other song) for this to be useful.

Hey jeff, do you not run into stretching/detuning issues. I like my electric guitar strings fresh but usually have about 30 mins of playing on them for tuning reasons. And will generally track for a couple hours on them.

I used to do this for playing live just for a faster feel because the goddamned drummer always pushed the tempo too fast. :lol: I've always heard that the chemicals in FF actually caused strings to corrode even faster so I just stay away from it now.