USURPER news...

Profano

BRAZILIAN METAL HORDES
Jul 30, 2002
Belo Horizonte / Minas Gerais / Brasil
USURPER have their website up and running at
http://www.usurper.us. Meanwhile, the band are preparing to go into the studio with producer Neil Kernon to record their Earache debut, due out in early 2003.

Taken form the site:

"USURPER PREPARE FOR "TWILIGHT DOMINION"
Greetings to all the Warriors of Iron and Rust! We are currently in heavy rehersal for our 4th full length album, and EARACHE debut entitled TWILIGHT DOMINION. All the songs are written and I am starting some of the pre-production for the album as you read this. We plan on entering the studio around Halloween 2002, with Grammy Award winning producer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, QUEENSRYCHE, JUDAS PRIEST, etc...). We've met with Neil once at a rehersal in July 2002, and things went really well, so both parties are looking forward to starting these sessions.

The songs on TWILIGHT DOMINION are turning out to be our heaviest anthems yet. If I have to describe it, I'd say it sounds sort of like DIABOLOSIS type of feel, combined with NECRONEMESIS precision and headbangability, intertwined with some SKELETAL SEASON darkness and atmosphere. At any rate it will be total Dark Heavy Metal with plenty of fist-banging Thrash Metal & Classic Heavy Metal elelments and a killer production. The artwork is already done by Craig "Wicked Hand" Simpson, (the same guy who did the NECRONEMESIS cover), and we will reveal part of it very soon. The track listing for TWILIGHT DOMINON is as follows (in no paticular order):

I AM USURPER
VATICAN TIME MACHINE
PERPETUAL TWILIGHT
GODLESS AND LYCANTHROPIC
THE DESCENT
GOLEM
UTOPIAN NIGHTMARE
THE STRUGGLE OF TYRANTS
SHE-DEVIL
THE OATH OF SILENCE
INVINCIBLE OVERLORS
THE 13TH SON
STORMTROOPIN' (Ted Nugent cover)
BLACK DAZE (1996 Usurper song, never recorded before)

If all goes as planned, we expect a March 2003 release date. More news will be posted very soon..."

-Rick (USURPER)"

In what looks like to be a milestone for Chicago metal warriors USURPER, the band is hard at work for their Earache records debut which is also going to be produced by none other than Neil Kernon. Guitarist Rick Scythe gave BW&BK this exclusive update. "Things are progressing nicely. I've been busy with some of the pre-production here in my home studio for a few weeks. Once that is done I will meet up with Neil in mid October and do even more pre-production on his Pro Tools rig. Then in November 2002 we will enter the studio for two weeks to record and mix. After that we will spend a couple of days on the mastering. The artwork is done and it looks KILLER. So I'd say by March 2003 the album will be done. It is entitled Twilight Dominion and should have 10 to 12 songs. It's going to be total old school thrash metal with some over-the-top traditional heavy metal hooks, and plenty of dark, underlying atmosphere..."

NP - Armagedda - The Final War Approaching