Usurper news

Usurper Dan

No good can come of this
Apr 17, 2004
Chicago
www.usurper.us
USURPER will NOT be playing this years Milwaukee Metalfest. The band was added to the schedule without confirmation, and since USURPER will be busy with studio obligations, there is no way they could perform at this years fest.

As reported earlier, USURPER will enter Engine Studios (Chicago) with producer Neil Kernon to record their new album this August. The new album will be entitled CRYPTOBEAST and will include the following songs:

THE BONES OF MY ENEMIES
SUPERNATURAL KILLING SPREE
KILL FOR METAL
RETURN OF THE WEREWOLF
CRYPTOBEAST
REPTILLIAN
WRATH OF GOD

more information is available at www.usurper.us

Well, we started recording the album this past weekend. The drums are done, but due to a scheduling conflict, we dont begin tracking anything else until the 17th. We're well rehearsed and dying to start killing posers.
I'll update here as things progress.

Heres a more detailed report....

Week two for the recording of Cryptobeast is in the books, and it sounds amazing. Everything has been tracked, and now it's on to the mix. Neil beat the shit out of all of us, and it paid off by pulling the best
possible performance out of everyone. Rick started the week by tearing through the guitars. He got an absolutely viscious tone that will slaughter posers from note one. Jon's bass was laid down the next day, and it added a brutal punch that accents Apocalyptic Warlords drumming perfectly. Carcass Chris unleashed some killer solos the next day, followed by some acoustic guitar and tweaks here and there. I had spent all of this time drinking my ass off and laughing it up, but now it was my turn. Vocals took 2 three hour sessions, and came out great.

Friday night we had a select few friends by to do gang vocals (hey!!!! war!!!!!) and to help us drink a keg of beer. Two drunken hours later, it was time to hear how everything sounded together. Just listening to a
fader/level mix was enough to hear that this is going to be an absolutely brutal slab of metal.

We took the weekend off to sober up and clear our heads. Returning to RaxTrax on Tuesday, we began mixing. Two marathon sessions of tweaking, and the damn thing was finished! The entire band couldnt be happier with how it came out.

Cryptobeast is now in the process of being mastered, and it should be out by March of '05. Now it's time to head back to the rehearsal spot to fine-tune the live set. The addition of the new material to classic Usurper favorites will assure that the upcoming shows will be the strongest live set in the bands'
history.

Thanks go out of course to Neil Kernon for getting us this far. Also thanks to Rick and Melissa from RaxTrax, and the filthy Usurper wack pack. Ali, Morbid Brian, Danny 'Wrench', and Jim Svoboda. Check out the pictures in the 2004 photo section, and check back soon for more updates. Stay hard.

- Dan Tyrantor and Usurper

It's been my pleasure to interview Usurper in the past for "Twilight Dominion". I am really looking forward to the new disc. I can't lie, I was a fan of the General, but I still look forward to Tyrantor's take on the vocals.

Speaking of the mighty Chicago metal scene, there's a new band called Lair of the Minotaur that would make a great double bill with Usurper. There's a similarity in style and LOTM's lyrics are all inspired by Greek mythology! :headbang: