Dan quits USURPER

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Not sure if this is old news or not...

Due to ongoing circumstances and issues in vocalist Dan Tyrantor's personal life, he has resigned from Chicago's USURPER. The remaining four members will indefinately continue as a four-piece, with guitarist Rick Scythe and bassist Jon Necromancer taking over the vocal duties. USURPER is still confirmed and will perform at both the Minneapolis Mayhem 3 festival on August 26 and the Day of the Equinox concert in Toronto, Canada on September 23. The band will also enter the studio in early 2007 to record their sixth full-length album, as previously announced.

USURPER has issued the following statement regarding Dan's departure:

"Dan Tyrantor has officially quit USURPER. Dan has been dealing with a lot of personal problems over the last few months which unfortunately caused him to be unable to rehearse with the band for nearly the entire summer. Since we have concert and recording obligations coming up we decided it was best if he took a break from the band in order to straighten out his life, then come back full force once his situation was in order. However, once we told him we would do the remaining shows without him, he quit. We respect Dan's decision and actually have been preparing for this possible outcome for a few months.

"All of us in USURPER wish Dan Tyrantor nothing but the best in his personal life and future musical endevours. We greatly appreciate the two and a half years of service and dedication he gave to this band and hope he gets all his personal problems resolved as soon as possible. Dan is a great vocalist, frontman and metal brother and will sure be an asset to any band or project he decides to do next."

USURPER's sixth full-length album is tentatively scheduled for a summer 2007 release through Earache Records. The album is currently untitled but some new songtitles include "Talons of Steel", "Planet of the Humans" and "Rebel Wolf".

USURPER's fifth full-length album, "Cryptobeast", was released last year via Earache Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Twilight Dominion" was recorded at Chicago's Rax Trax Studios with producer Neil Kernon (JUDAS PRIEST, DEICIDE, CANNIBAL CORPSE).

Novembers Paul said:
Yeah, I was stunned when I found this out. I hope he fixes what he needs to, and is able to get back before the next CD is recorded.

Yeah, I haven't seen him around on here in a while.

Paul - Your INBOX is full!!! (Is that on purpose!! hehehe)