Hey Usurper Dan

Oded

Jan 26, 2003
Boston, U.S.
Visit site
I was a real supporter of the General (and still am--his past work is top notch), but credit to you! I have heard the Cryptobeast promo and you are the right man for the job.
Someone mentioned Usurper possibly playing the Massachusetts Metalfest. That's right in my back yard, so hopefully you guys line that up.
I remember Jon Necromancer saying in an interview that the best show Usurper ever played was in Worcester...

Thanks for the compliment.
Last I heard, Earache was still waiting to hear back from the fest organizer. We definately want to play that fest!
The Worcester show that Jon mentioned was years ago when Usurper refused to stop playing when their time slot had ended. The promoter actually had to turn the power off. Wish I could have been there. haha.

Tom, no need to look for a promo, as the album comes out tomorrow in Europe. Any good metal store will have it. Or wait until Feb 8th for the North American release. I only have 2 promos left, and NOBODYS getting one!
The packaging was so fucking cool, as Oded can surely attest to.
They made them look like a vinyl album, right down to the actual grooves on the cd!
The sleeve has wear marks on it that outline where the cd is... just like an album thats been in a jacket for a long time.

Okay, Ive taken over the ND board again, and I feel shame.

Usurper Dan said:
Thanks for the compliment.
Last I heard, Earache was still waiting to hear back from the fest organizer. We definately want to play that fest!
The Worcester show that Jon mentioned was years ago when Usurper refused to stop playing when their time slot had ended. The promoter actually had to turn the power off. Wish I could have been there. haha.

Tom, no need to look for a promo, as the album comes out tomorrow in Europe. Any good metal store will have it. Or wait until Feb 8th for the North American release. I only have 2 promos left, and NOBODYS getting one!
The packaging was so fucking cool, as Oded can surely attest to.
They made them look like a vinyl album, right down to the actual grooves on the cd!
The sleeve has wear marks on it that outline where the cd is... just like an album thats been in a jacket for a long time.

Okay, Ive taken over the ND board again, and I feel shame.

Nobody? I just may have a CD you might want to trade for. :)

There's a good article in this month's Terrorizer about Usurper, even if it is written by Paul Schwarz. And the track on the sample disk is great too...

requiem said:
There's a good article in this month's Terrorizer about Usurper, even if it is written by Paul Schwarz. And the track on the sample disk is great too...

I cant yet find that issue of Terrorizer, dammit!
A better article will be in an upcoming issue of Kerrang.
They sent a reporter and photographer here to Chicago from England to spend 'a weekend with Usurper'... we got those guys completely obliterated!!! It was sweet. I dont even really remember doing the interview, haha!

Usurper Dan said:
I cant yet find that issue of Terrorizer, dammit!
A better article will be in an upcoming issue of Kerrang.
They sent a reporter and photographer here to Chicago from England to spend 'a weekend with Usurper'... we got those guys completely obliterated!!! It was sweet. I dont even really remember doing the interview, haha!
Kerrang is one of the worst magazines I've ever read and I doubt there's been an article appearing in its pages more informative or better written than those in Terrorizer, but hey, as long as you got drunk! :loco: . But it's great that they're bothering to cover bands like Usurper.

Dom Lawson is the one Kerrang writer who knows his metal.
I think he's the guy who interviewed Usurper.

Funny thing about Paul Schwarz-- the guy always gives the impression that he doesn't like metal, and that he's "above" it, so I wonder why the fuck he writes for a metal magazine.

I miss the old Nick Terry and Greg Whalen days...

Oded said:
Funny thing about Paul Schwarz-- the guy always gives the impression that he doesn't like metal, and that he's "above" it, so I wonder why the fuck he writes for a metal magazine.
Yep, that's generally the criticism levelled against him and I say it's very accurate.