V - Prelude

spawn2048

New Metal Member
Jul 17, 2004
Hi there

Does any one know what piece of classical music is used as 'Prelude' on 'V'

I know SymX didnt write it because it is not acreditted to them (and I heard it on TV today)

any help would be much appreciated :D

Prelude is based on Dies Ira from Requiem composed by the italian composer Giuseppe Verdi.

In V they use many classical pieces:

The solo section in Fallen is based on "Concerto for Orchestra" by Bartok
The Death of Balance - Lacrimosa is based on Mozarts Requiem
On the solo section on A fools paradise, Pinella plays Bachs Harpischord concerto in D minor.

Hope this help

Luis said:
Prelude is based on Dies Ira from Requiem composed by the italian composer Giuseppe Verdi.

In V they use many classical pieces:

The solo section in Fallen is based on "Concerto for Orchestra" by Bartok
The Death of Balance - Lacrimosa is based on Mozarts Requiem
On the solo section on A fools paradise, Pinella plays Bachs Harpischord concerto in D minor.

Hope this help

Thanks very much dude :D

Although they do an excellent job of putting the music of the great composers in their work, I'm a mite pissed about their being no credit given to them. Hearing "Divine Wings of Tragedy" without ever listening to Holst, you will think that the music was written by Michael Romeo.

TotenMitMacht said:
Although they do an excellent job of putting the music of the great composers in their work, I'm a mite pissed about their being no credit given to them. Hearing "Divine Wings of Tragedy" without ever listening to Holst, you will think that the music was written by Michael Romeo.

he he, cool

Any particular Holst pieces that spring to mind as beeing hugely influencial?

spawn2048 said:
he he, cool

Any particular Holst pieces that spring to mind as beeing hugely influencial?

The intro, after the the choir part (Which I think is adapted from Bach... I remember hearing that somewhere. Some choral thing in B minor)... the first part with heavy guitar is from Holst's "Mars" which is from "The Planets." All really cool stuff, you should check it out. We played Mars in my high school band, I was rocking the hell out.