Vader

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Okay, today I got the "Kingdom" EP. Now what the fuck is that all about? 4 good songs and then they spoil it by putting on a couple of techno remixes? Why do heavy metal bands persist in thinking techno mixes are a good idea? If I want techno I'll listen to a Ruffneck Alliance album, not fucking Vader. Jesus Christ. On a better note, I also got the "Reign Forever World" cd and it is possibly the best death metal cd ever! This is the real deal! Okay, it may not quite be a "Leprosy" or "Blessed Are The Sick" but it's not far away from those. What I'd like to know is why aren't Vader bigger than they are? "Litany" is another cracker, yet you hardly ever hear of this band. Why not? :guh:
I'm not sure what the deal is with "Reign Forever World" either - some studio songs, some live songs and some covers - it's clearly not a normal studio album, but it is fucking excellent. :kickass:
Also, check out the Jethro Tull "Christmas Album" - it may not be brutal death metal but it's a nice record all the same. :)

Vader are actually quite popular among death metal heads, though they are obviously not as well known as Nile, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, etc. They're a very good band. I have Revelations, The Ultimate Incantation, and Litany, and all are great. I heard that De Profundnis is supposed to be their best.

The reason Vader aren't really discussed all that much is because they're so well-known; they're pretty much an established standard that no-one really needs to talk about....plus, their sound has been progressed and advanced by fellow polish bands who tend to get discussed more.

I've never been into them really. I like odd tracks, but overall their albums pretty much just pass me by. I like their dedication to lyrics and thematic atmosphere, but the music isn't really up to the same standard I think.

Most great death metal bands aren't talked about enough.

And about the techno thing, at least they're experimenting on an EP rather than a full-length. I agree with you though, I haven't heard anyone mix techno and metal together and make it sound good.

Life Sucks said:
Vader are actually quite popular among death metal heads, though they are obviously not as well known as Nile, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, etc. They're a very good band. I have Revelations, The Ultimate Incantation, and Litany, and all are great. I heard that De Profundnis is supposed to be their best.
I wouldn't say its their best but its one of their best. Its got a way more thrashy vibe than their later efforts. Check out the song "Sothis" for some good head bangin'! :headbang: Personally I think Revelations is their best album. The only studio albums I haven't heard are "The Ultimate Incantation" and "Future of The Past".

You should check out The Ultimate Incantation. It is very good. It is not very original, as it is extremely Morbid Angel influenced (though not to the point that bands like Mithras are), but it is an excellent debut album nonetheless.

Vader is my favorite death metal band. De Profundis, :Litany, and Revelations are my faves. They are a bit like what slayer/morbid angel would sound like if they were fused together. The big thing about Vader is they actually have some idea how to create atomosphere in death metal songs. Another thing, is their drummer is one brutally fast son of a bitch. I cant say enough good things about them- to me they are the one death metal band that I really can get into their songs.

I agree there Speed, I think they sound like a mixture of Slayer and MA too - although Vader's soloing seems better than both those bands. I'll have to get Vader's back catalogue now - but they're pretty hard to find.

Vader's a pretty big name death metal band- i cant believe u cant find their albums- try ordering from a internet site like century media

With the people I talk to, it came clear to me that Vader is more popular then Nile, im sure this ain't the case everywhere in the world.

Vader is quite popular in Europe- especially eastern europe where most death metal bands imitate Vader. Nile is a bigger American name- because they are an American band, and tour a hell of alot over here.

diabolical vengeance said:
Future of the PAst is a comp of cover tunes. Nothing really exciting. Although I must say I think Metal bands covering Depeche Mode should be outlawed since it never works and we already have enough of the Depeche Mode sound in the metal scene with Paradise Lost.

The only Depeche Mode cover I've ever heard by a metal band that I've liked was Entwine doing 'Enjoy The Silence'.

I don't think people realise how important Vader are...they're one of the original death metal bands, and imo one of the greatest. A lot of bands have used their sound. Also great band live!!

Yeah from the songs I've heard I get the Death influence. They certainly don't sound like a MA clone - sure there's influences but what death metal band wasn't influenced by MA?