Vader vs. Macabre?

MardyAss

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Oi.

I frequent another musicforum, where I saw a thread called 'worst live screw up you've ever seen". Some of them were amusing etc., but then I saw this post:

This is easy.

Cannibal Corpse's recent US tour. Vader dropped and the promoters somehow put macabre in the lineup instead of a decent, respectable and talented band.

I pretty much disagree. Vader ain't bad, it's not that, but this guy makes Macabre, which far as I know have been playing longer then Vader and perhaps are more talented, look like douchebags. But then again, I haven't listened to metal as much as I used to. But I know that I fucking any day would choose Macabre over Vader.

What ye thinks?

They've been playing around the same amount of time, Macabre of course managing to keep the same lineup for twenty years....quite a feat in my opinion. Anyway, I don't think Macabre isn't a respectable band at all. They're quite good, and their technical skills are pretty top notch. I like both bands.

Hey, and the funny part is that the person who wrote that missed out on the fact that the only non-respectable band they mentioned was Cannibal Corpse.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Hey, and the funny part is that the person who wrote that missed out on the fact that the only non-respectable band they mentioned was Cannibal Corpse.

ah yes..

Well, I get the point of ye people. Maybe I should start listen to metal again.

darth-vader.jpg

vs.

Macabre-01.jpg

The only good Vader is 'De Profundis'. Vader is very lackluster,textbook plus very unoriginal. They started out sounding like Slayer without the hooks, memorable riffs and music. They sound like they put out albums because they get paid. They are the Iced Earth of death metal. They've recycled their own music for almost a decade. I think it's cool they broke out of poland into the US but they are very overhyped. They have 3 riffs

Who needs vader when we have Altars of Madness,Blessed Are The Sick,etc... anyways

Cannibal Corpse non respectable ?. They deserves a lot more respect than Vader. Besides them being consistant as hell, guitar, bass wise they actually progress from each cd. They have not done the same thing for 10+ years. Whoever would think that does not know shit. Cannibal Corpse stick to their game, are professional as hell at delivering extreme death metal. As musicians creating the best extreme death metal they can for people that like fast music,gore lyrics,good production,consistancy. Their guitarists are better,more innovating than Vader's anyday. What because CC wants to talk about gore in a death metal genre it might take away. I know people think like that because they think they're so god damn smart.

Pat O' Brian,Jack Owen,Rob Barret are great guitarists. Cannibal Corpse > crappy brutal underground death metal,suffocation clones,vader etc... Cannibal Corpse deserves respect and are popular for reasons.

The Greys said:
Pat O' Brian,Jack Owen,Rob Barret are great guitarists. Cannibal Corpse > crappy brutal underground death metal,suffocation clones,vader etc... Cannibal Corpse deserves respect and are popular for reasons.

They're popular because of their "OOH, CONTROVERSIAL" album art and lyrics. Get over it.

Cannibal Corpse are a fun live band, though. I didn't know half the material they played when I saw them with Hypocrisy, Exhumed, etc. and I still had a great time. George Fisher is really energetic, and not in an obnoxious way.

Their image has made them more popular but the band musician wise has improved over the years. It's not purely on image to me. Listen to the difference from when they formed to now. To me they have worked hard,are serious and deserve respect. A lot of bands have an image anyways, even more so than them. CC does not dress like goths,nor wear paint,make up, they are regular guys showing they like playing gore oriented death metal. They're popular because image but they back up they can play above average, can progress. I do believe people are buying their records because they enjoy the entire aspect of the band. They started out as a good oldschool death metal act, progressed. They are writting riffs,solos that they, most people never would have thought coming from the same band. They are here now because they try,have good attitudes, because they like playing what they play. Cannibal Corpse are not worse than some underground band that looks like they hang out at hot topic.

The Greys said:
Their image has made them more popular but the band musician wise has improved over the years. It's not purely on image to me. Listen to the difference from when they formed to now. To me they have worked hard,are serious and deserve respect. A lot of bands have an image anyways, even more so than them. CC does not dress like goths,nor wear paint,make up, they are regular guys showing they like playing gore oriented death metal. They're popular because image but they back up they can play above average, can progress. I do believe people are buying their records because they enjoy the entire aspect of the band. They started out as a good oldschool death metal act, progressed. They are writting riffs,solos that they, most people never would have thought coming from the same band. They are here now because they try,have good attitudes, because they like playing what they play. Cannibal Corpse are not worse than some underground band that looks like they hang out at hot topic.

Sorry, Vader still is better