Van Frehley's Hero

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's a recent blurrb from Hagar on TVF's Hero...
Launch Radio Networks reports: After spending most of 2004 back with VAN HALEN, Sammy Hagar says he's in no hurry to do it again. The group did tour North America and record three new songs for a greatest hits album, but Hagar told Launch that what he once called a "continuation" has reached its conclusion — and he puts the blame solely on guitarist Edward Van Halen. "I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he said. "I think the whole world knows that he's changed. And I don't know what his problem is, but he's miserable and he likes to make everyone around him miserable. And I'm the happiest guy on the planet, and anybody who makes me miserable I don't want to be around. And so, that's a simple way to put it."

Hagar did not completely rule out the possibility of working with VAN HALEN again, however. "Maybe he'll change, you know," he said. "He used to be a great guy. He used to be a fun guy and wasn't miserable. You know, I mean, he went through the cancer thing and all that, but he should be grateful and not miserable. That's the way I look at it. Maybe he'll change. If he changes, we can do it again."

Hagar resumed touring as a solo act this year. His "The Tequila Made Me Do It" tour, during which he'll play with both MONTROSE and his own band, THE WABORITAS, begins August 6 in Clarkston, Michigan.

Hagar also operates another group, LOS TRES GUZANOS, which features VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony.

It was one year ago today that the VAN HALEN greatest-hits album "The Best Of Both Worlds" came out. It featured three new songs that Hagar recorded with the band — "It's About Time", "Up For Breakfast", and "Learning To See".

Oh well. He's probably just miserable because he has to have a sub par replacement for the mighty DAVID LEE ROTH on vocals....kidding...

I think Ed has turned into a real dumbass....I would have to say that the Ed of today is not any hero of mine...now, the 1981 Ed, with full on parachute jumpsuit and the sawed and striped up guitar and the goofy grin...basically, the Ed on the back cover of Women and Children First... THAT , sir, is my American Idol!

tedvanfrehley said:
Oh well. He's probably just miserable because he has to have a sub par replacement for the mighty DAVID LEE ROTH on vocals....kidding...
Who are you kidding? This guy doesn't even have a band?! :tickled:

What's that show that INXS is doing where they pick the new lead singer, "american idol" style?!?! It would be hilarious if Ed and Al did that!

I would bet $$$$ that Michael Anthony will be the next to refuse to work with them..at this point, Ed is making all his dough on guitar sales...

By the way, it is Ed who made me want to pick up a guitar, but it is DAVID LEE ROTH, the greatest frontman of all time, who, over the years, won my heart and became my hero. Yes, I am gushing.