Van Halen and Queensryche news

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
For those who didn't already know, Eddie Van Halen has just been given "a clean bill of health from head to toe" and looks forward to "getting back into the music." Exactly who is going to be singing this music I've no idea, but let's hope it's not Diamond Dave!

Also, Queensryche have just reported that Kelly Gray is out of the band. No official word on a replacement yet, but the newsgroup is awash with rumours (and no doubt wishful thinking) about the return of DeGarmo. Hmmm...

W

I had no problem with Kelly Gray whatsoever. Why do people dislike him so much?

And I think it'd be great if David Lee Roth returned to Van Halen - let them have one last hurrah before Eddie needs another hip replacement.

Man,
i would love to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth and Eddie together.I saw Van Halen play with the singer from Extreme(VH3 i think they called it) and whlie i enjoyd the show...it was always my belief that VH were at their best when David was singing.

My main memory from this show(apart from Eddie's brilliant guitar work) was the singer deciding that he wanted to get out into the crowd so he decided to jump from the side of the stage to the 1st elevation(next to the stage) which was a gap of probably 3 metres.he made the jump and looked like he was going to fall short and end up on the floor a couple of metre below but he just managed to grab the railing in front of the stairs and dragged himself over the railing and into the crowd!I think he hurt himself in the jump as he didn't run around as much after this

Originally posted by Spiff

People are fickle. They want the original, irrespective of just how good the replacement is.
Besides, Kelly Gray was one ugly dude. ;)

Van Halen kick ass....................................................

Van Halen
vhgrouppic.jpg

CHECK OUT THE ALL THE FORUM AT WWW.11820.NET/FULLSTRENGTH . POST AND WIN PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a personal thing. I've always preferred VH with Sammy Hagar, 'cos he's technically a better singer than DLR, and my two fave Van Halen albums are 5150 and F.U.C.K.

Re DeGarmo: Nostalgia for the original lineup aside, the man was Queensryche's backbone! I don't know if he's coming back or not, but he'd be very welcome :).

W

Ah, but have you heard For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge? It's a masterpiece, I tellsya! A true return to no-frills rock n' roll after the keyboard drenched radio friendliness of 0U812. The first two songs (Poundcake and Judgement Day) should be enough to win anyone over :headbang:

W

Haven't heard For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge or OU182 actually.

Although I may have heard a track or 2 from OU182 on musicMAX. Is This Love? Is that from OU182? And I think another one too that the name slips me..

Originally posted by The Trooper
Haven't heard For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge or OU182 actually.

Although I may have heard a track or 2 from OU182 on musicMAX. Is This Love? Is that from OU182? And I think another one too that the name slips me..

the singles from OU812 were:

When Its Love
Feels So Good
Finish What Ya Started
Black and Blue

however they only made clips for the first 3, they didnt make one for "black and blue"

Spiff said:

And I think it'd be great if David Lee Roth returned to Van Halen - let them have one last hurrah before Eddie needs another hip replacement.

Screw DLR!! They alreay tried back in 96 and it didnt work.No way its gonna work now.Also,the best VH show I ever saw was with Gary Cherone on vocals.DLR is a washed up loser!!!!!!