Vancouver Show Review & Question...

DrumBeast

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2003
I saw the Evergrey/Iced Earth/CoB show last night. My second time seeing CoB live, at the Commodore here in Vancouver. I also saw them back in December with Dimmu, Nevermore, and Hypocrisy. They blew me away then, and they kicked even more ass this time.

CoB completely stole the show. I was right up against the barricade on the right side, and CoB layed down the greatest set. Some of the songs I can remember, not in order:

Hate Me!
Needled 24/7
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Crew Deathroll
Every Time I Die

There were a couple others, but I can't remember them. I knew all the songs though, and it was a better set than the last show. I was completely burned out after frantically headbanging during their entire set. I was right in front of Roope the whole time, his playing was amazing. Alexi spat water on us at one point too! The only downfall was that Alexi's guitar was way too quiet, I could barely hear his solos... and he had trouble with his axe at one point. They had to get him a new wireless unit, so Janne was goofing around on the keyboards for a minute while they fixed it. And before they started playing, Jaska had to come out and set up his own drums because the techs couldn't seem to get it right, haha.

Awesome show, Evergrey was very good too... Iced Earth was so-so, I'm not a big fan. I went to see CoB, and they definitely ripped.

Anyone that was there, or has been at shows before, I was wondering what the band was that they had playing over the PA before the show started? It was very cool.

DrumBeast said:
I saw the Evergrey/Iced Earth/CoB show last night. My second time seeing CoB live, at the Commodore here in Vancouver. I also saw them back in December with Dimmu, Nevermore, and Hypocrisy. They blew me away then, and they kicked even more ass this time.

CoB completely stole the show. I was right up against the barricade on the right side, and CoB layed down the greatest set. Some of the songs I can remember, not in order:

Hate Me!
Needled 24/7
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Crew Deathroll
Every Time I Die

There were a couple others, but I can't remember them. I knew all the songs though, and it was a better set than the last show. I was completely burned out after frantically headbanging during their entire set. I was right in front of Roope the whole time, his playing was amazing. Alexi spat water on us at one point too! The only downfall was that Alexi's guitar was way too quiet, I could barely hear his solos... and he had trouble with his axe at one point. They had to get him a new wireless unit, so Janne was goofing around on the keyboards for a minute while they fixed it. And before they started playing, Jaska had to come out and set up his own drums because the techs couldn't seem to get it right, haha.

Awesome show, Evergrey was very good too... Iced Earth was so-so, I'm not a big fan. I went to see CoB, and they definitely ripped.

Anyone that was there, or has been at shows before, I was wondering what the band was that they had playing over the PA before the show started? It was very cool.

BODOM!!!!!! man that was a killer show.... :worship:

as for the songs at the start, they were CYANOTIC from Vancouver!!!
last week I seen them twice, once at the HATEBREED cancelled show then the next day at the damage plan show....
check their web site....

Bodom was good. I'm not a huge fan but they sure were better than Evergrey.
I dont know... Evergrey really bored me.
Iced Earth was great.

If you saw a guy in a black hooded sweatshirt looking really strange because he was wearing the hood up the whole show, That was me.
I was taping the show and had to use my backup mics as my new mics are on the way.

on the ticket it didnt say "no cameras alowed" and the security didnt check for them, so there is only one explenation.....the security who kicked you out are cocksuckers. i saw others with cameras and nothing happend to them.