Vanden Plas - Godmaker

I like all of VP's albums, but I must say that I miss the "catchy"-ness and immediacy of those early albums. Those songs would get stuck in my head almost instantly. The last few albums have been good, but you almost have to listen to them as full albums to appreciate it.

No offense but I totally disagree - as far as catchy-ness goes.. My intro to VP was Christ 0 and, for me, the fact that the recent albums have that universal story, sound, etc. it's more listenable and sticks in my head even moreso for me.. I absolutely LOVE that about them.

I like all of VP's albums, but I must say that I miss the "catchy"-ness and immediacy of those early albums. Those songs would get stuck in my head almost instantly. The last few albums have been good, but you almost have to listen to them as full albums to appreciate it.

I discovered them with The God Thing release. I do understand what you are saying to a degree, but at the same time, Vanden Plas has evolved into a band that offers more complex music, than they did back then. That in itself gives up some immediacy in the music. I love those older releases and the newer ones as well.

Bryant