Vanden Plas - Chronicles II

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Once again Vanden Plas has another release. To me, it sounds like Vanden Plas. I can give no greater compliment. Thematically, it is not much different than the last one. It is definitely heavier and more immediate though. It is typical of Vanden Plas......... bombastic at times and heavy enough to make you want to just break shit. Other times it is subtle, emotic and symphonic.
Vanden Plas wastes little time ripping your head off on this one. The opening guitar riff of "In My Universe" is absolutely "Stephan Lillish." Well what else can I compare it to ? If you don't like Vanden Plas, this is probably not for you. If you like Vanden Plas, chances are you will like this. If you love Vanden Plas, this will send you into bliss.

Now there is a great fucking review!
It tells you everything that you need to know.

Ha ha ha, no that is a lazy man's review. I could go track by track, but a Vanden Plas review is practically useless done by me. It isn't that I am biased.
In fact, I probably have higher standards than almost anyone. It is simply that Vanden Plas has a style that resonates with me in such a way that I simply can't be objective and they ALWAYS deliver music that simply blows me away release after release. They are consistently incredible in my ear.

Netherworld I was my Album of the year last year, and I think they've pulled it off again this year.

Love the new cd...love Part 1 as well. Their sound is something I have to come back for every few months. I'm hoping for another PP return some day. Love these guys.